Mowing Looking to purchase 4' 3pt mower

/ Looking to purchase 4' 3pt mower #1  

travelman

Tractor
massey ferguson gc2400 & 1972 model 175
I have gc2400 looking to purchase a King Kutter model L-48-40-XB 3PT brush mower advertised to work with subcompact tractor looking for opinions from members as to will small tractor run this style mower in pasture grass approx. 2 1/2 acres. I am used to the awesome power of my 175 massey with a 6' bush hog. will 24hp be enough to run a 4' foot mower for grass cutting? thank you

/ Looking to purchase 4' 3pt mower #2  
I bought a Kubota B2320 (23 drawbar HP, 17 PTO HP) and a 4' rotary mower (Bush Hog BH14) last summer. I have been using the cutter to mow saplings, small brush, brambles, and weeds in the rows of pine plantation tracts and in other wooded areas and haven't had any issues.

Manufacturers list recommended minimum HP requirements for their cutters, so you can check the King Kutter site to see what they have to say. I don't recall seeing any requirements in excess of 2O PTO HP for 4' cutters while doing my research, but my memory isn't what it used to be.

My B2320 doesn't have a FEL, so I added front weights (220 lbs.) to compensate for its light front end. My cutter weighs 455 pounds and I was worried about doing wheelies on sloping ground.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Looking to purchase 4' 3pt mower #3  
I used a 4' on my BX1850 with no problems, now with the 2400H Branson it never works at any reasonable travel speed in pasture grass two foot tall.

/ Looking to purchase 4' 3pt mower #4  
I have a 48 inch rotary mower and I often use it with my 2cyl 12 hp B4200 (Kubota). While I can't lift the cutter, it will cut 3ft grass without bogging in Low, 2nd gear. (10 hp at the PTO).