Snow Orange on Red

/ Orange on Red #1  

timbrehse

Bronze Member
While the subframes and mid PTO shafts may differ,
this is for anyone who has any remaining doubts about the interchangability of Red, Blue, Orange quick hitch implements -
IMG_3690.jpg IMG_3691.jpg IMG_3692.jpg
Ready to GO (soon as it stops snowing)
Orange on Red.jpg
All tucked away
IMG_3693.jpg
Foul Weather Cab
IMG_3695.jpg

From the Orange online build a tractor pricing, Kubota has discontinued the two current models of snow blowers (BX2750=MF2360) and the newest offering, which is to become available November 1st is the BX5450. priced at $1999.
The NEW BX5450 blower comes with a standard manual crank chute rotator, upgraded outer shoes on the edges of the blower along with heavier steel material for building the snowblower housing as well as the overall body of the snowblower is a bit beefier.
they also are offering a wider 55 inch blower the BX5455HD. this comes with standard hydraulic chute rotator and heavier gauge construction like the BX5450.

Blue's 50CS is the updated vs. as well (skid shoes on the outside)
I guess this means Massey has decided to wait 'till next yr to update?

/ Orange on Red #2  
Especially like the Foul Weather Cab. How do the heater and wipers work?

/ Orange on Red
Last missing piece:
Any of you w/ a MF2360 and manual chute-(and or a parts book) what is the part # for the bracket that secures the chute rotation rod at the operator's end (near the FEL controller ?) I think it may be different - specific to a 2300 -2400 or 2600 set up.

/ Orange on Red #5  
Good info.

I will pass on anymore open cab snow blowing though.

/ Orange on Red #6  
tmbrehse, that's great to hear! Previously it was thought they all had enough minor differences so as to preclude their interchangeability. I really ike the outside shoes, too! The ones I have are a real PITA to adjust. The fact that's it's "beefier" is a plus as well- mine is showing some outward flexing in the vertical ends, which leads to a downward bow in the top forward edge. Sounds like they've addressed that, too.

Especially like the remote heater!! :laughing: (Looks a lot like the one I use!:D)

Got 4" on the ground now, still coming down pretty heavily. Just swapped the bucket for the blower this morning, after replacing the wood chip bedding in the henhouse (givin' 'em a clean start for the winter). The blower will get its first workout for this year tomorrow AM, for sure.

Wish I could help with the manual chute part, but mine's remote electric. (And I really like it!)

ijk

/ Orange on Red #7  
Speaking of remote, my snow removal is also remote, about 93 million miles away IIRC. It works pretty good though it is sometimes a bit slow which is also good. That gives me time to enjoy the beauty of it longer.

/ Orange on Red
Got 4" on the ground now, still coming down pretty heavily. Just swapped the bucket for the blower this morning, after replacing the wood chip bedding in the henhouse (givin' 'em a clean start for the winter). The blower will get its first workout for this year tomorrow AM, for sure.....
Wish I could help with the manual chute part, but mine's remote electric. (And I really like it!)

Still snowing - maybe 5" here -still, had to go out just before dark for a test run.
IMG_3696.JPG
Blower works great. Prob. not significantly better than what I've seen a 2360 do - still impressive- it scrapes down clean.
This snow s*cks tho - really wet & heavy. The BBQ fork in the chute was 1st to go. Still, unless I was tossing a steady stream of white, it would clog up.
Going to hit it w/a good spray of auto wax when it's dry. Biggest problem is front wheel traction. With rear chains and the backhoe on in this mess of a snow, it's impossible to steer on a paved uphill grade. Need some weight added up front for the morning . But in the long run ....was that a 3pt spreader I saw put out near the road 4sale?

/ Orange on Red
... my snow removal is also remote, about 93 million miles away IIRC.

Yes well - that's is how this whole snow blower attachment thing started. I'd thought I'd be 93 million miles away from snow by now.
The house hasn't sold yet but this did!
View attachment 400322
This tractor/blower thing is a whole 'nother world. The snow removal I'd been doing (only my own d-way) the last 10yrs or so was sitting on heated seats in my F-250 Lariat living room watching local news on my iPad... W/ the truck sold, I was SHOCKED at how $$$$ the bids to plow & sand my d-way were.
So for now, it's the foul weather cab and that remote heater!

/ Orange on Red
... my snow removal is also remote, about 93 million miles away IIRC.

Yes well - that's is how this whole snow blower attachment thing started. I'd thought I'd be 93 million miles away from snow by now.
The house hasn't sold yet but this did!
IMG_2519.JPG
This tractor/blower thing is a whole 'nother world. The snow removal I'd been doing (only my own d-way) the last 10yrs or so was sitting on heated seats in my F-250 Lariat living room watching local news on my iPad... W/ the truck sold, I was SHOCKED at how $$$$ the bids to plow & sand my d-way were.
So now it's the foul weather cab and that remote heater!