GC2610 Four Way/Signals Not Working One Side

/ GC2610 Four Way/Signals Not Working One Side #1  

Glenski31

Tractor
2010 Massey Ferguson GC2610
Hi All,

Was clearing snow for the first time the other night and since I was near the road for the first time I thought I would turn on the four ways. I think they worked okay for a little (not 100% sure) but at one point I looked down and noticed that the LHS dash indicator was stuck on and the RHS was flashing as it should. I thought no big deal must be a bulb so I finished the snow removal and went out to get the number off the bulb today and noticed that the filaments are all good in the bulbs.

So the conditions are this:
- 3 bulbs in each side indicator light
- RHS signal works (top bulb)
- RHS four ways blink (bottom two on RHS and top one on LHS) when four way button pressed
- LHS signal doesn't work (top bulb on LHS, the same one that is working when the four ways are on?)

Any thoughts on what this might be? Is there a flasher mechanism for each side, one of which might be burnt out? I have replaced these on motorcycles before, however as I recall it is one flasher that does both signals...

My owners manual is scheduled to arrive on Dec 12 - FINALLY. So the only reference I have for now is the parts diagrams that I can look up online.

Thanks,
Glen

/ GC2610 Four Way/Signals Not Working One Side #2  
The filaments can look good, and still be broken. They can even work broken sometimes, if it's making contact.

I always flick the glass on the bulb with my thumb and forefinger, while watching the filament.

Every once in a while, you get one that moves, indicating it's broken.

There is only one flasher.

Rt. and Lt. taillights do have separate relays.

/ GC2610 Four Way/Signals Not Working One Side
The filaments can look good, and still be broken. They can even work broken sometimes, if it's making contact.

I always flick the glass on the bulb with my thumb and forefinger, while watching the filament.

Every once in a while, you get one that moves, indicating it's broken.

There is only one flasher.

Rt. and Lt. taillights do have separate relays.

Thanks ray66v I thought about swapping the bulbs out between the two sides as a test. Might just go out and do that.

Thanks ray66v I thought about swapping the bulbs out between the two sides as a test. Might just go out and do that.

Just went out and found some more confusing info.

With the key switch on all of the lights on the LHS are dead in four way mode, signal mode and normal just lights on mode. With the key switch off on the other hand the top light of the 3 on the LHS will work with the signal on and with the four way on. The bottom two on the LHS are dead. All three on the RHS work as I think they should in all modes, key switch on or off.

/ GC2610 Four Way/Signals Not Working One Side #5  
I would start by looking for a bad, or broken a ground wire.

I would start by looking for a bad, or broken a ground wire.

I had a look and tried to follow the wires but annoyingly the PO has spliced into them to run some spot lights above the factory lights on each side and also the on/off switch on the dash stopped working and has been replaced with a toggle swtich to turn the lights on and off. Perhaps the thing to do is the purchase a new dash on/off combination signal switch and wire things up the way the should be as there could very well be a short in there.

At this point I think I will try and stay away from the road with the tractor and perhaps wait until my factory service manual arrives which hopefully has a wiring diagram in it as to what things should look like.

Will do my best to remember to keep all posted .

/ GC2610 Four Way/Signals Not Working One Side #7  
"Will do my best to remember to keep all posted ."

Thanks! Even though we may not add to the discussion, we all still learn from others' issues and appreciate all the follow-ups.

ijk

"Will do my best to remember to keep all posted ."

Thanks! Even though we may not add to the discussion, we all still learn from others' issues and appreciate all the follow-ups.

ijk

FSM has arrived but I haven't had time to look into this. Haven't forgotten about the group just yet. Just no time to putter these days. Had a failure in both daily drivers within the past month so those took priority.

So the conditions are this:
- 3 bulbs in each side indicator light
- RHS signal works (top bulb)
- RHS four ways blink (bottom two on RHS and top one on LHS) when four way button pressed
- LHS signal doesn't work (top bulb on LHS, the same one that is working when the four ways are on?)

Any thoughts on what this might be? Is there a flasher mechanism for each side, one of which might be burnt out? I have replaced these on motorcycles before, however as I recall it is one flasher that does both signals...

This issue has yet to be fixed. I made it through last winter without fixing it and now I will be doing a couple of driveways so want my lights working 100%. I really need some help figuring this one out. I am at work today so don't have a copy of the wiring diagram but I have spent the last 3 evenings pouring over it trying to figure it out and am lost.

Here is a further summary of the symptoms and what I have done to check:
- Top bulb on each side is a dual filament bulb. on the LHS the only 1 of the two filaments will ever light up. The two bottom bulbs on the LHS won't ever come on.
- With the ignition in the 'Off' position the dash indicator light shows that it is flashing and one of the two top filaments will light (it is always the same filament)
- With the ignition in the 'On' position and the lights 'On' and the left signal in use the dash indicator now will barely flash it is almost stuck on and there is absolutely no lights on on the LHS.
- When the RHS signal is used the two bottom lights never light up on the LHS.

I know this is a lot of info and can be confusing. Going from my memory of the wiring diagram. There are two flashers, one for each side which I have swapped out one with the other since one side seemed to be working and not the other and the results are the exact same. From that I conclude it is not the flasher for each side? Next there is a 7-Pin/Wire flasher that I just cannot figure out what it does but I am beginning to think that might be the cause? It is a $185 + Freight+ Tax part and I am just not prepared to spend that kinda money.

Has anyone out there any experience with troubleshooting this kinda stuff or seen the exact same issues?

Thanks
Glen

/ GC2610 Four Way/Signals Not Working One Side #10  
If I were you I would take a multi meter and check for power at the switch in each setting. It sounds like the switch is suspect. measuring the current coming out of the switch would tell you that. Ed