Massey Ferguson 4 wd light question

/ Massey Ferguson 4 wd light question #1  

gaheadrick

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1736
Does anyone owning a MF 1736 have their dash light working with 4WD engaged? I've owned mine for a few short months, have approximately 25 hours on my machine and love it. Ironically, the operators' manual indicates that you pull up on the shift lever to engage 4WD but it is actually the opposite. In any case the tell tale 4WD light in the dash does not operate when 4WD is engaged, except for the brief light up during a start up. The 4WD light is definitely there in the dash. I discussed this with my dealer and they indicated they had talked with their technical people at AGCO and they say this model does not have dash light capability when 4WD is engaged. This just seems odd to me. Can anyone confirm this one way or the other? I had another machine, Yanmar Sx3100, that the dash light operates from a limit switch which is activated by movement of the 4WD lever when engaged.

/ Massey Ferguson 4 wd light question #2  
My MF593 does the same thing. Manual says there is no 4WD light, but the green 4WD 'looking' light flashes briefly at start up. Maybe they did away with the switch because it was prone to failure (?)

/ Massey Ferguson 4 wd light question #3  
Mine doesn't come on on my 1749, it didn't come on on my 1643 when I had it either.

/ Massey Ferguson 4 wd light question #4  
The light for the 4wd icon will not come on. Apparently that dash panel is used for other applications. There is no indicator switch on the tracotr that is "energized" to turn the indicator light on when you shift into 4wd.

/ Massey Ferguson 4 wd light question #5  
I bought a new 2635 in Sept. 2012. As delivered, the FWA lamp was non functional. I removed the connector at the switch and reseated it and all has been well since.

FWIW, the pre delivery inspection for which AGCO pays their dealers and upon which the business model (warranty) is based was not done on my tractor, though someone did go through the checklist in the owners manuel and check all of the boxes.

SDT