40B massey backhoe & bucket need info about AD4.203 diesel engine

/ 40B massey backhoe & bucket need info about AD4.203 diesel engine #1  

Burton Mc

Tractor
tm1500
Anybody out there own one of these about a 1978 year. What would cause an excessive amount of blow by oil out of the perkins diesel engine AD4.203? Tractor runs ok. I have taken the injectors out and put mistry oil & penetrating oil in on top of piston hopeing if it is some stuck rings it may loosen them up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. It has been run without a breather filter for how long I don't know. And I think it had set idle most of the last 10 to 12 years.

/ 40B massey backhoe & bucket need info about AD4.203 diesel engine #2  
Could be stuck rings, worn out rings or worn valve stems.

/ 40B massey backhoe & bucket need info about AD4.203 diesel engine #3  
"It has been run without a breather filter" This is most likely the culprit. Dirt will destroy an engine quickly, It is critical to never run a tractor without a air filter as they work in a dusty environment. I suspect that you are most likely looking at a engine rebuild. Fortunately Perkins ad3.152 and ad4.203 are some of the cheapest engines to rebuild. However since you have a loader and backhoe extracting the engine for rebuild will be a very time consuming task.

/ 40B massey backhoe & bucket need info about AD4.203 diesel engine
I have taken the injectors out and put mystry oil and penetrating oil on top of the cyl and hope if it is a stuck ring it will free them thanks for the reply

/ 40B massey backhoe & bucket need info about AD4.203 diesel engine
thanks for the reply if it comes to a rebuild I may try it in the tractor

/ 40B massey backhoe & bucket need info about AD4.203 diesel engine #6  
You can do a in-frame rebuild on it.