1532 Hyrostatic problem/question.

/ 1532 Hyrostatic problem/question. #1  

jmarx82

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1532
I finally got fed up with the vibration on my Kubota B3200 and went out and bought a Massey 1532. I really like the layout and size of the tractor a lot better, and it runs so much smoother. I have 12 hours on it now, and today was the first time I have really got out and worked it. I have been moving dirt piles that have been sitting for a while and filling some holes in the yard. I was going into the pile and scooping the dirt in low, then I would shift into med, and truck over to the holes to be filled. I started going up this one hill in my yard and it stopped the tractor dead in it's tracks. I had to downshift into low to make it up the hill. I was also at/near PTO speed. This is a hill that I would regularly climb in high with the Kubota, with a load. During the summer I mow with this tractor and its going to be real inconvenient to have to shift ranges every time I go up a hill. My normal operating speed on the Kubota doing loader work was 1800-2000 RPM. This thing I have to run at PTO speed not to lug the engine. Is this normal, or is something wrong with the tractor?

/ 1532 Hyrostatic problem/question. #2  
I have a 1526. Mine will pull a hill in medium but it does struggle a bit. If you run with the hand throttle full it does better than using the foot throttle. I just use mine in low for most stuff. It has to be easier on the tractor and I'm never in a hurry. Of course you have a larger tractor than mine but maybe this gives you an idea. Also it seemed like mine started running a lot better after about 50 hours. Not for sure if a computer module kelps you from running it to hard before a break in period or not. Maybe some one else can step in and give you more information.

/ 1532 Hyrostatic problem/question.
Thanks for the response. I probably just need to adjust to the tractor.

/ 1532 Hyrostatic problem/question. #4  
Your welcome. I do really like the Massey tractor's though. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have.

/ 1532 Hyrostatic problem/question. #6  
I would normally say that 12 hours is a bit early for your first filter change, but you may find that after your first hydraulic filter change things will run much smoother. Might be worth a shot. it should be easy to change and you don't need to change the fluid to change the filter.

and welcome to the red side!

Thanks again for the responses. Overall, I am very happy with the Massey over the Kubota.

Well I now have 34 hrs on the tractor. I have changed the filter and it seems to be getting worse. While plowing snow, I have a decent hill I have to back up, then I push the snow down to a pile. I have to push the HST pedal all the way just to get the tractor back up the hill. Also, while pushing forward, when I get a decent load up front it will just stop the tractor. Won't spin, just stop. I'm on ice and snow. I would think it would spin, before stopping. I don't know what to do.

/ 1532 Hyrostatic problem/question. #9  
Well I now have 34 hrs on the tractor. I have changed the filter and it seems to be getting worse. While plowing snow, I have a decent hill I have to back up, then I push the snow down to a pile. I have to push the HST pedal all the way just to get the tractor back up the hill. Also, while pushing forward, when I get a decent load up front it will just stop the tractor. Won't spin, just stop. I'm on ice and snow. I would think it would spin, before stopping. I don't know what to do.

Sounds like you are using HST completely wrong!

Under a load, if you're losing momentum, you need to back your foot off of the HST pedal until the pump catches the hydraulic flow rate back up. Yes, this will decrease speed. But that's how the system is designed. Think of it as a water wheel... The hydraulic fluid pushes your gears to spin the axle (very rudimentary explanation here for simplicity).... If you put too much of a restraint or load on the water wheel, it will stop spinning, and the water will just spill off the top. To get it spinning again, you need to lighten the load so that the water can build inertia back up and get the wheel spinning again. Eventually, you get enough momentum to achieve full speed. As long as the load isn't too heavy the wheel can maintain the momentum required to maintain that speed. But as soon as you put a heavy load back on, you need to decrease your load input ( back off on the foot pedal ) so that the wheel can keep momentum.

/ 1532 Hyrostatic problem/question. #10  
I have got to wonder what the hydrostat relief valve is set for. I think too low. I have never had a hydrostatic equipped tractor (I have owned 3) stop in medium on a hill. My Kioti will still spin the tires in MED. Now if you were in HI range I maybe could understand.. But not MED. When heavily loaded going up a steep hill (and I have STEEP hills) yes the engine will bog down some, and you need to back of of the hydro pedal to let the engine get some rev's back up, but you are saying the relief valves opens and the engine keeps its rpm's nearly the same as where you set it, but the tractor does not move and the wheels do not spin?... That is a relief valve set too low on the hydro. Either that or your wheels are spinning within the tires. Don't laugh it has happened when the tire pressure is very low. In any case, yes, you have a problem.