MF135 rims on MF165, do they fit.

/ MF135 rims on MF165, do they fit. #1  

David Devuono

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B4200\MF 135\Kubota B3200
Someone made me an offer I could not refuse on a MF165. I am not equipped to haul something that heavy. I am guessing the Loaded and weighted tires are more than a 1000 lbs each. My plan is to drive it on my 7k trailer, block it up, remove the loader and rear tires. Drive it 200 miles to camp and then put on my MF135 tires to take it off the trailer. Then next trip south pick up the tires and loader. Anyone have any idea if I could get the weight down to 5K with the rear tires off? The alternative is to rent a 12K trailer and find someone with a 3/4 ton pickup but that may cost a lot more.

/ MF135 rims on MF165, do they fit. #2  
While I've never done it, I think they both have the same bolt pattern for the rear wheels. I don't think you will loose too much weight removing the loader, then there's handling of the ballasted tires (if it should fall on you, and or there is nothing to lift off of you, you would have a big problem either way). If it where me I'd leave the loader on, drain the rear tires, air them up, put it on the trailer, and then go. The ballast can be added back on at home (that's how I would do it).

/ MF135 rims on MF165, do they fit.
Fellow I am getting it off has a 50hp Kubota with loader so I don't think we will have any issues handling the tires. I would rather not drain the tires, plus the wheel weights look to be a couple hundred lbs alone. ( I might have more fun getting them back on if my equip won't lift them) My guess is the loader is a good 700 lbs so its definately coming off. Thanks for the info, it will make life much easier if the 8 bolt pattern is the same.

/ MF135 rims on MF165, do they fit. #4  
You could take your 135 rear wheels with you, put them on after you remove the 165 wheels, and remove the loader while the tractor is on the ground. Then you can drive it right on the trailer. It's no fun to take tires off (along with a front end loader) when it's sitting on a trailer.

/ MF135 rims on MF165, do they fit. #5  
As I look at the 135 and 165 parts books, I see that they did share a 28" PAVT rim. I don't see any shared wheel discs - so it seems to be a question of the bolt pattern on the wheel disc (they are likely the same, but check). You are right to be concerned about the weight of cast wheel discs: they show as being 250, 500 or 550 pounds depending on the disc. Here is the weight data (from tractordata):

Weight (operating):
  • 5,005 lbs [2270 kg] (gas)
  • 5,085 lbs [2306 kg] (203 diesel)
  • 5,830 lbs [2644 kg] (212 diesel)
Weight (ballasted): 7,760 lbs [3519 kg]

I was considering buying a 165 and I had to think the weight issues as well. Good luck & be careful.

We are going to do this the right way. With a 400 mile round trip the cost of a second trip comes close to paying for the rental of a trailer. Friend who is selling me the 165 will use his 2015 duramax diesel and I am renting a 14K trailer.

):

Weight (operating):
  • 5,005 lbs [2270 kg] (gas)
  • 5,085 lbs [2306 kg] (203 diesel)
  • 5,830 lbs [2644 kg] (212 diesel)
Weight (ballasted): 7,760 lbs [3519 kg]

I was considering buying a 165 and I had to think the weight issues as well. Good luck & be careful.[/QUOTE]

Probably 8,500 lbs with loader.

Went to get the 14K trailer and it was gone, rental place said try the 10K. We had two inches to spare on the fenders and the trailer handled the tractor just fine with the tires running slightly warm. Tractor has a few issues but I was able to man-handle it and push a few boulders around that my other equipment can't budge. The clutch does not disengage unless you idle the motor right down, otherwise have to kill the engine to stop. One rear brake is non-existant, power steering leaks and was out of fluid. One tire needs air every couple of days.

Like I said the price was right

Attachments

• 165.jpg
    165.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 1,310
   / MF135 rims on MF165, do they fit. #9  
If you take the wheel off, leave the hub on the tractor and remove the rim, it is much lighter. (drain tyre first)
Are the brakes wet or dry disc? If dry disc then you will learn to drive with out brakes.Expensive and bad design.
The power steering is probably leaking into the engine if there are no visible external leaks(an easy seal replacement)
If the gearbox is a multipower ,I suggest you file a new line 1/2" higher on the diff dipstick, and fill to new level to ensure the multipower does not get starved of oil when operating the loader especially if you live in hilly areas. MF mechic's advice, ran 178 multipower loader on hill country for years and no oil pump or multipower oil starvation problems.
You will also find these tractors are very reliable

Thanks, Redman, no multipower. Clutch is adjusted with no freeplay and still does not fully disengage the clutch. I might spend a couple of hours on it this week. I will have to add PS fluid and see were the leak is. I am not sure what kind of breaks are on this machine. My 135 has brakes like a car but this tractor probably has wet brakes or brakes in the axle housing somewhere.