3 Point hitch speed control Knob on 2310

/ 3 Point hitch speed control Knob on 2310 #1  

sfarmosa

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2310
Hello,
New to the forum. Just purchased my first tractor, a 2006 MF GC2300 TLB. Got on it tonight to move some more snow and I broke the 3 point hitch speed control knob. Must have kicked it climbing through the seat. It broke all the way back at the stuck so the whole shaft came out with the knob. Anyone else ever have this happen and if so, how big a job to fix. Too cold tonight to get back there and look.
Thanks

/ 3 Point hitch speed control Knob on 2310 #2  
:welcome:
To the forum. Sorry to hear about your problem with all that snow.

/ 3 Point hitch speed control Knob on 2310 #3  
It's called a "slow return valve," and it appears that it's held in with a snap ring. Sounds definitely like a warm-weather job to me!
Parts are from #32 to #42, inclusive. (Don't lose the little ball & spring..)

DSC05623.JPGDSC05624.JPGDSC05625.JPGDSC05626.JPGDSC05628.JPGHere are some pics from the service manual:

/ 3 Point hitch speed control Knob on 2310
It's called a "slow return valve," and it appears that it's held in with a snap ring. Sounds definitely like a warm-weather job to me!
Parts are from #32 to #42, inclusive. (Don't lose the little ball & spring..)

View attachment 411048View attachment 411049View attachment 411050View attachment 411051View attachment 411052Here are some pics from the service manual:

Thanks a bunch. This is very Helpful. I agree with warm weather job. Have to be a little more careful climbing around on the tractor from now on. I see you are in New Hampshire. Any suggestion on where I can order parts for this machine. I do not appear to have a MF dealer within easy driving distance. Been browsing the forum and would like to put a filter guard on it as well.

Thanks again

/ 3 Point hitch speed control Knob on 2310 #5  
When the dealer I had been using went out of business, I got a letter from AGCO stating my new dealer would be New Boston Truck & Equipment in New Boston, NH, a bit southwest of Manchester. Don't know if they're any closer for you or not, but there are dealers accessible by on-line ordering, I think.