Snow Rear mount Snow Blower GC2410

/ Rear mount Snow Blower GC2410 #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
I asked this question a while ago and got some great answers but with a front snowblower\cab attachment. Tractor will be paid off this year but I need a new furnace so Ill stick with no cab and a rear mount snowblower for now. Three quotes, one a used frontier 52" rear with electric chute actuator for 2700 bucks used, another a new meteor 50" with electric chute deflector for 3300.

Deflector control is a must from my seat as I need to adjust it frequently. Any ideas on where, how much and the biggest I can comfortably use in all types of snow is welcomed.

/ Rear mount Snow Blower GC2410 #2  
I run a 60" snowblower with mine without a problem.
Only when snow is wet...I need to go real slow, otherwise,I break shear bolts.

/ Rear mount Snow Blower GC2410 #3  
I have an older rear mounted meteor 50". manual chute. and a 1200 foot lane. i love it. I blow out to the road, tidy up around the road / lane, then turn around, blow back to the house. Done.

I'll give the meteor the two thumbs up.

/ Rear mount Snow Blower GC2410
Still working on the furnace so havent looked yet, meteor sounds like a good place to start.

/ Rear mount Snow Blower GC2410 #5  
Still working on the furnace so havent looked yet, meteor sounds like a good place to start.

Look at the rear from woodmaxx, last year I purchased a 60 inch rear pto with electric for around 2,500 new very well built and good service from woodmaxx

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Look at the rear from woodmaxx, last year I purchased a 60 inch rear pto with electric for around 2,500 new very well built and good service from woodmaxx

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Hi;
Sorry for bringing back an older thread but I am looking at this very closely, how does the electric get connected? Is it something we can do ourselves? Also for those who use hydraulic how do we use the hydraulic chute and deflector? Will the 3 point hitch still work if we use the hydraulic lines that were used for the backhoe? What remote can I use and am I limited to just one control for the chute and electric for the deflector? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I get everything I need before I order-cant pass up free shipping :)

Hi;
Sorry for bringing back an older thread but I am looking at this very closely, how does the electric get connected? Is it something we can do ourselves? Also for those who use hydraulic how do we use the hydraulic chute and deflector? Will the 3 point hitch still work if we use the hydraulic lines that were used for the backhoe? What remote can I use and am I limited to just one control for the chute and electric for the deflector? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I get everything I need before I order-cant pass up free shipping :)

OK, talked to them and looks like I may go with the electrical package. Will the battery and charging system be able to keep up with the power consumption of the chute and deflecter and an LED light?

/ Rear mount Snow Blower GC2410 #8  
My 2310 has no 12V supply issues with electric motor controls (linear actuator + what looks like an auto wiper motor) on my front-mount blower. If the unit you're looking at uses similar 12V motors for chute & deflector, I'm guessing you should be OK... They ain't fast, but they work.

PS-- I still have my original battery... :eek:

/ Rear mount Snow Blower GC2410 #9  
IMG_0006.JPG

Well well well...just in time for winter...

/ Rear mount Snow Blower GC2410 #10  
OK, talked to them and looks like I may go with the electrical package. Will the battery and charging system be able to keep up with the power consumption of the chute and deflecter and an LED light?

The electric consumption for chute rotation and deflection is an intermittent draw so there is no problem.
LED.s draw minimal as well.

I use a winch motor for deflection, have a 16" light bar up front, 1 led and one halogen at back 2 interior fans plus yellow strobe and that is on my 20 hp Mitsubishi. Also cab heater fan.
No problems at all.