MF 3165 motor started knocking then seized up

/ MF 3165 motor started knocking then seized up #1  

poss0311

Tractor
xj2025h
Hello,

I purchased a MF 3165, brought it home and moved some snow for about an hour and half, when it started knocking i started heading for my garage. I made it almost up my driveway when what sounded like a couple .22 shots go off and saw a couple sparks come from exhaust. I tried turning over but starter just clicked. I removed starter and marked fly wheel, then pulled tractor back a short distance in gear. Motor is seized up.

Plenty of oil on dipstick.

I have good mechanical knowledge and i have rebuilt a couple gas motors

Where is the best place to get a rebuild kit?
Is there any good online resources? I do have a service manual for the tractor.but if anyone has a thread with pictures or good tips?
Any key points or suggestions are welcomed

Thank you

/ MF 3165 motor started knocking then seized up
Im not sure if the shot like sounds and sparks i saw were valves being smashed, and im concerned for the shape of the crank shaft.

/ MF 3165 motor started knocking then seized up #3  
the last tractor engine we overhauled we bought the kit from the machine shop that done the work on the heads and crank etc.it was a 375 massey price was competive with other places.

/ MF 3165 motor started knocking then seized up #4  
Is the tractor a gas or diesel? If it is a gas who is the engine manufacture (perkins, continental)?

/ MF 3165 motor started knocking then seized up #5  
you need to pull it apart and find out what got damaged before you order up a rebuild kit. It might not be rebuild-able.

/ MF 3165 motor started knocking then seized up
Well I split the tractor and pulled the head, I believe it is a Perkins ad4.203.

2nd cylinder from seat has broken sleeve about an inch down from block. Looks like rings went and melted piston.

Head doesn't look to bad other than it was decked previously and you can see marks probably .010-.020" deep.

Concerned about the block because one threaded hole over the cam has ear broken out.prev owner apparently helicoiled all threaded holes. And another threaded hole next to damaged cylinder divets down to cylinder wall melted a bit.

I can't find serial number on block, was told it would be on right side or back of block cant seem to find it. Getting engine hoist to remove block from rest of tractor this weekend.

Where do I find serial number for tractor maybe I can get that and have dealer tell me engine serial number?

I might try and get a remanufactured motor. Just hate to put money in this block and have it not be right.