Oil & Fuel Oil coming out of starter

/ Oil coming out of starter #1  

Kintailfarms

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 230, Ford 7610, International 624
I have a 230 with the perkins 3cyl diesel. Started it yesterday and it started spilling a large volume of oil on the ground. I got off the tractor while it was still running and the oil was coming out of the top of the starter, lots of it. I'm assuming it's hydraulic oil, but i have no idea how hydraulic oil would get into the flywheel housing and then pump through the starter. Or any oil for that matter. I shut it off and it won't turn over anymore. Has anyone ever see anything like this before ??

/ Oil coming out of starter #2  
:confused: I have no idea; I'll be following this thread! Hopefully someone can shed light on this.

/ Oil coming out of starter #3  
You problem is not uncommon and I would suggest you read my advice to a John Deere owner as described in the following post.
It is worth considering in your situation.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...3010-oil-dripping-everywhere.html#post4063338
Pull your dipstick and if you find the oil level high it is because diesel is leaking into the crankcase. An overfilled crankcase will build up pressure and leak everywhere.
Not turning over is a big concern. Can you pull the injectors or glow plugs and then see if it will turn over. If there is a liquid in the cylinders it will stop the pistons from moving.
Perhaps the engine did not accept being lubricated by diesel fuel and something has seized.
As to why there would be liquid in the cylinder(s) lets find out if this is the case before speculating.
Where does your crankcase vent line go. Just unto the ground or back into the engine's intake system.
People in cold areas are experiencing freeze up of crankcase vents causing pressure build up and then leaks.
If the oil level is too high, it all needs to be drained and refilled.
Provide some more info and we will all try and help.
Dave M7040