Tire pressure

/ Tire pressure #1  

Ed Weber

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 1635
Hi everyone,
I hope this an easy question but i do know there are always many variables.

I have a 1635 and was wondering what you guys/girls run you tire pressure at.
14.9-24 rear R4
10-16.5 front R4
open platform, DL-120 FEL
The manual doesn't have that exact combination although it looks like it should be 20 psi rear and 30 psi front. Does that sound about right to everyone?
Thanks

/ Tire pressure #2  
I have different sized R4's but run mine between 18-20 lb. for the rears. That seems to give the best ground contact patch. Front's I run between 35-40 lb. for loader work.

/ Tire pressure #3  
Your stated pressures are right in the ball park. I run 30psi front and 20psi rear. The rear pressure is just at the point were the tread bars make full contact with the ground.

/ Tire pressure
Thanks for the replies everyone, I just wanted to get an actual "real-world" idea of if these pressures worked well.

/ Tire pressure #6  
I have a Massey 1240 with ag tires. I agree with George2615. I forget my front pressures, but I run higher at 35 psi anyway. My dealer suggested that because when I move around real heavy loads or rocks from the front buck hook, I've had times where the front tires looked like they were going to come off the wheel. Higher pressure seems to fix that. The rear pressure spec for my machine is 17.