No PTO and only drives with the diff lock engaged

/ No PTO and only drives with the diff lock engaged #1  

marchtransport

Tractor
Ford 445
Thank you for your time. I helping a friend who has a MF 3545, 2WD. It will only drive with the Diff Lock engaged, and the PTO doesn't work. I'm guessing the PTO clutch is gone and he doesn't need it anyway. will it hurt anything to operate (mostly disking, flat ground) with the diff lock on all the time?
Thanks again for reading

/ No PTO and only drives with the diff lock engaged #2  
Thank you for your time. I helping a friend who has a MF 3545, 2WD. It will only drive with the Diff Lock engaged, and the PTO doesn't work. I'm guessing the PTO clutch is gone and he doesn't need it anyway. will it hurt anything to operate (mostly disking, flat ground) with the diff lock on all the time?
Thanks again for reading

Sounds like a broken axle to me. When you engage the differential lock, you now have the non broken axle pulling the tractor forward.

/ No PTO and only drives with the diff lock engaged #3  
Thanks again for reading

Why would the pto clutch affect it not driving on one side? I'm thinking with the info given, I'd be looking for a broken axle or stripped spline on one side.

And NO I wouldn't run it until I found out if broken parts or metal is floating around inside!

SR

/ No PTO and only drives with the diff lock engaged #4  
Why would the pto clutch affect it not driving on one side? I'm thinking with the info given, I'd be looking for a broken axle or stripped spline on one side.

And NO I wouldn't run it until I found out if broken parts or metal is floating around inside!

SR

I am thinking the PTO not working is yet another problem.. I still think the axle is broken or like you said splines stripped, which amounts to "broken"

/ No PTO and only drives with the diff lock engaged
Thank you guys- I appreciate your responses.

/ No PTO and only drives with the diff lock engaged #6  
Thanks again for reading

You are kidding right ??? Please tell use you were kidding.

TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 3545 tractor information

No not kidding- Thanks for the responses

/ No PTO and only drives with the diff lock engaged #9  
Thanks again for reading
Any 2WD tractor with the differential locked does not turn corners without slipping the rear wheels.

I would not recommend driving in diff lock with one this big. :thumbdown:

8631211.jpg

Thank you- took the advice and parked it and put it up for sale. Someone might want it to repair, or for parts
Thank you again