Water works ......

/ Water works ...... #1  

dmark1975

Tractor
MF 165
Hey all,

I bought some new instruments to replace on the mf165 dashboard as the rebuild progresses. Everything was hunky dorey until I went to replace the water temperature gauge. The top came off and the bottom bulb section is firmly left in the cylinder head.

Any ideas how to remove it as the new one is a one piece bulb type setup and don't want to do any damage at this stage and looks like it goes straight to the bottom of the cylinder head ..... I'm thinking someone is going to tell me the short block needs to come off to replace it........
tractor.jpg

Last edited:
   / Water works ...... #2  
How about needle nose vice grips?

download.jpg

/ Water works ...... #3  
If Vice Grips do not work, use a piece of allthread that is slightly smaller and screw it into the bulb.

/ Water works ......
So eventually got some time to work on this again. I lifted the fuel tank up a bit to gain access and I used a tap and die to insert a bolt which I screwed into old bulb and it came out after a little jiggle and put new one straight in. :dance1:I had left it sit with some oil sealing into it for past few weeks so probe made it easier to remove. Thanks for the ideas