GC1710 Backhoe stabilizer pads and thumb

/ GC1710 Backhoe stabilizer pads and thumb #1  

madhatter

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 Massey GC1710
I found out my new GC1710 does not come with rubber stabilizer pads anymore. And they are not cheap from Massey ( hundreds of dollars ). As well, I heard that the new CB65 backhoe has a spot for a factory Massey mechanical thumb. Could not find a picture or part number online though. Going to price it out at the dealer, I know there is Bro-tek aftermarket thumbs, but I like that I can buy a factory one. :thumbsup:

/ GC1710 Backhoe stabilizer pads and thumb #2  
I found out my new GC1710 does not come with rubber stabilizer pads anymore. And they are not cheap from Massey ( hundreds of dollars ). As well, I heard that the new CB65 backhoe has a spot for a factory Massey mechanical thumb. Could not find a picture or part number online though. Going to price it out at the dealer, I know there is Bro-tek aftermarket thumbs, but I like that I can buy a factory one. :thumbsup:

Let me know what you found out on the thumb. A part number would be great.

/ GC1710 Backhoe stabilizer pads and thumb
Let me know what you found out on the thumb. A part number would be great.

I ordered the mechanical thumb, pads for my backhoe stabilizers and rollbar light guards like the GC1720 has. I got the part numbers from the online AGCO parts book. Will let you know when I get them.

/ GC1710 Backhoe stabilizer pads and thumb #4  
Interesting! I spoke with Massey by email last week and was told no thumb was available for the CB65. Glad to hear their info was out of date as I'm hoping to pull the trigger on a GC1710 this week and really wanted a thumb. Lack of it almost had me going green or orange instead.
Thanks! :)

p.s. did you order these parts online or through a local dealer?

I ordered the mechanical thumb, pads for my backhoe stabilizers and rollbar light guards like the GC1720 has. I got the part numbers from the online AGCO parts book. Will let you know when I get them.

/ GC1710 Backhoe stabilizer pads and thumb #5  
Could you use blown off recaps from big trucks. You know the "gaters" as the truckers call them that you on the highway. Cut it in pieces and put two layers on each stabilizer.

Interesting! I spoke with Massey by email last week and was told no thumb was available for the CB65. Glad to hear their info was out of date as I'm hoping to pull the trigger on a GC1710 this week and really wanted a thumb. Lack of it almost had me going green or orange instead.
Thanks! :)

p.s. did you order these parts online or through a local dealer?

Yes I did. They did not know about them either. I happened to check the AGCO parts book and saw them listed. Very new product so supply may be an issue. I did wonder why there was the hole on the CB65 hoe arm, now we know ! :thumbsup:

/ GC1710 Backhoe stabilizer pads and thumb #7  
Awesome! Thanks very much for the reply. After reading your post I hunted around the AGCO parts book and found them. Do you mind me asking what you paid for the thumb? PM is good if it violates forum rules to post prices. Also, do you mind sharing link to online parts retailer? I couldn't find any that could find any of the parts #s for the thumb assembly.

Thanks again!
KM

Yes I did. They did not know about them either. I happened to check the AGCO parts book and saw them listed. Very new product so supply may be an issue. I did wonder why there was the hole on the CB65 hoe arm, now we know ! :thumbsup:

Awesome! Thanks very much for the reply. After reading your post I hunted around the AGCO parts book and found them. Do you mind me asking what you paid for the thumb? PM is good if it violates forum rules to post prices. Also, do you mind sharing link to online parts retailer? I couldn't find any that could find any of the parts #s for the thumb assembly.

Thanks again!
KM

Not sure exactly how much it is,around 400 I think. And there is no online parts retailer that I know of. I physically went to my local dealer.

/ GC1710 Backhoe stabilizer pads and thumb #9  
That's not too bad. Thanks! I will be visiting the dealer tomorrow and will check in on availability. Having the parts #s already should make things easier, so thanks again for the tips on where to find them. I hope your thumb arrives soon!

Cheers,
KM

/ GC1710 Backhoe stabilizer pads and thumb #10  
Hello, Long time Lurker. First time poster! Just ordered a GC1720 after a LOT of research on this site and test driving SEVERAL machines. I should have it within a week or so! Dealer had a few 1710's on the lot which i was able to drive but opted for the little bit of extra STUFF on the 1720. Kind of a lot of money for the little differences but I figure it's hopefully a 1-time purchase. Cant wait! I was also interested in ordering the factory thumb but I cant seem to find a picture anywhere. I'll need to go to the dealer and look at the book but does anyone know what it looks like? Is it a good design? Looks like Agco has the catalog online but you need a dealer login or something to see it. Anyone have any idea? Madhatter, did they give you an ETA? The BXpanded and Bro-Teks look sufficient, but the CB65 has the mounts so I figure I'll use it. Thanks!