GC2610 Key Switch Positions

/ GC2610 Key Switch Positions #1  

Glenski31

Tractor
2010 Massey Ferguson GC2610
Hi All,

Can someone confirm the key switch positions on the GC series? Long story but I ended up taking apart the key switch and there are 2 brass coloured contactors, and one silver coloured contactor behind the key switch and I didn't see which colour came from which position in the key switch.

I'm trying to remember if there was a 'positive stop' when turning the glow plugs on before actually turning it over to start.

If someone can check or has been crazy enough to take the key switch apart and knows which colour goes where that would be a big help. I have already tried reassembling it with the silver piece in two of the three spring loaded positions and the tractor started in both positions. Just not sure why there would be one silver and two brass coloured contactors.

Thanks again,
Glen

/ GC2610 Key Switch Positions #2  
The only help I can give is that the key doesn't have a positive stop at the glow plug point, Im constantly going past mine when I try to start and have to start over....

/ GC2610 Key Switch Positions
Perfect - thanks Wrangler. That is a help for sure and is consistent with my memory. Now the only question is does it matter where the silver piece goes.....

I may be the first to find out that it does or doesn't matter. Seemed to make no difference to this point where it goes.