MF 1754 Potential Purchase

/ MF 1754 Potential Purchase #1  

onionfmr

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1754 Cab Hydro
Thinking about upgrading from a MF 1643 cab to a MF 1754 cab. Looking for MF 1754 owners' actual experience and comments. The good, the bad, the ugly. Appreciate comments and information. Thanks Ted.

/ MF 1754 Potential Purchase
No one has a 1754? Does anyone have a 1700 series cab tractor? Any known problems with Tier IV? Any issues or problems with 1700 series?

/ MF 1754 Potential Purchase #3  
Contact member "OnceACop" ... He has been running a 1758 now for about a year, and last I saw, he was still happy.

I'm still loving my 1652... But I think the new updates to the 17xx are attractive. Much better seat, even roomier cab, HST speed and sensitivity controls, and new pedal placement (hanging from the front wall instead of thru the floor ... I'm not positive it's an improvement, but I wouldn't mind running it for a few hours to see)...

My biggest negatives personally, of the 17xx, are losing the tier 3 Iseki diesel, and losing the Soo loaders (DL120/130) in favor of the Quicke loaders (DL125/135). Others may disagree.

/ MF 1754 Potential Purchase #4  
I have that exact model. But your questions are about longevity and I've only got 63 hours on it. I can't really say much other than I'm completely satisfied with mine so far. Pics here.

/ MF 1754 Potential Purchase
Thanks for comments and information.

PM sent to biodegraded.

/ MF 1754 Potential Purchase #6  
I have a 1754 and love it. A bout 35 hours now. I have had a few issues, but they have been simple fixes.

/ MF 1754 Potential Purchase #8  
Yes curious to hear what issues you have had? I am very pleased with my 1742, open station though.

/ MF 1754 Potential Purchase #9  
The most prominent one was the crazy sensitive seat sensor. They made an adjustment to the sensor (this fixed it for me) and installed a delay timer (it gives me 4 or so seconds before it cuts the engine). Problem solved. The vent on the fill cap on the front axle is leaking. They will replace it the next time the they send a tech out. The 4wd was difficult to disengage, sometimes I would have to use the FEL to pick up the front tires to get it out of 4wd. But that's getting better with more use, mostly the issue is I have pretty much zero flat, level, ground. Thus the front end is continually in a bind. But the more I use it the less of an issue it is.

/ MF 1754 Potential Purchase #10  
Yes curious to hear what issues you have had? I am very pleased with my 1742, open station though.
Open station also. I would love to have a cab, but I really enjoy it anyway.