My Impulse Massey Purchasse

/ My Impulse Massey Purchasse #1  

2ndhalf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Gravely ZT HD 60, MF GC2400
I had someone lined up to come over last weekend to help deliver a disc. and to help cut in a drive. Long story short, they had other priorities not their fault they were trying to beat the rain too. This pushed me over the edge I had been teetering on for years (having not owned a tractor for about 6 years) and I went online to Tractorhouse.com and found a little MF GC2400 about an hour away.

Went there JUST to look and about an hour later was driving to the U-haul dealer up the road to rent a trailer.

Guy told me they just marked it down from $9500 to $7500. Has 580hrs, looks like easy use. I couldn't get my hand out fast enough. I changed the oil and air filter and then went and rented a tiller to cut in the drive. It worked great.

Attachments

• Massey GC2400.PNG
    Massey GC2400.PNG
    881.9 KB · Views: 305
   / My Impulse Massey Purchasse #3  
Looks great! Nice little machine and I will bet it will serve you well. Congrats!

/ My Impulse Massey Purchasse #4  
Congrats you done good...looks to be in great condition. I had one...excellent power for size. Enjoy

/ My Impulse Massey Purchasse #5  
I think that is a good buy. I'm assuming 4wd and with a loader. In my opinion the best way to buy that sort of machine is find one with relatively low hours, pay close attention to the condition no matter what they say the hours are, AND have a good dealer reasonably close to work with when you have questions and need something done outside your own capabilities. I think you did well. Post a picture why don't you ? (of your own, not an ad.)

/ My Impulse Massey Purchasse
I think that is a good buy. I'm assuming 4wd and with a loader. In my opinion the best way to buy that sort of machine is find one with relatively low hours, pay close attention to the condition no matter what they say the hours are, AND have a good dealer reasonably close to work with when you have questions and need something done outside your own capabilities. I think you did well. Post a picture why don't you ? (of your own, not an ad.)

Thanks guys. Yes 4wd. That is the actual tractor just took it from Tractorhouse. Here is a pic of it in my garage a little more dirty.

Attachments

• GC2400.jpg
    GC2400.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 265
   / My Impulse Massey Purchasse #7  
Thanks guys. Yes 4wd. That is the actual tractor just took it from Tractorhouse. Here is a pic of it in my garage a little more dirty.

OK ! It looked "too good" in the Tractor House photo and I thought that was a new one instead. If it checked out well in person, and obviously it did, I say you got a good deal.

/ My Impulse Massey Purchasse
OK ! It looked "too good" in the Tractor House photo and I thought that was a new one instead. If it checked out well in person, and obviously it did, I say you got a good deal.

I wonder if the guy traded it because it was loosing power because of this. This was a little disturbing when I found this. This is the very reason I at least change oil and air filter whenever I buy anything used. It gets the Tranny treatment later today.

I put about 8 hours of fairly heavy work load on since I bought it and it hasn't used any oil a lot of that was high RPM tiller and dirt work. I guess it ain't hurt from the air filter, though it did concern me. I don't know how it even ran. It had the back clip off the air box so was letting grass in but I think the lid was still on enough to keep the air going through the filter... but not much air.

Attachments

• Air Filter.jpg
    Air Filter.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 332
   / My Impulse Massey Purchasse #9  
I wonder if the guy traded it because it was loosing power because of this. This was a little disturbing when I found this. This is the very reason I at least change oil and air filter whenever I buy anything used. It gets the Tranny treatment later today.

I put about 8 hours of fairly heavy work load on since I bought it and it hasn't used any oil a lot of that was high RPM tiller and dirt work. I guess it ain't hurt from the air filter, though it did concern me. I don't know how it even ran. It had the back clip off the air box so was letting grass in but I think the lid was still on enough to keep the air going through the filter... but not much air.

Dang!.. wow! You need to save that photo. The previous owner should have been sentenced to 1 year in prison for "flagrant tractor abuse":)

/ My Impulse Massey Purchasse #10  
Dang!.. wow! You need to save that photo. The previous owner should have been sentenced to 1 year in prison for "flagrant tractor abuse":)

Looks awful but those little 3cyl diesels do not suck all that much volume of air and the engine probably remained quite happy. Almost looks like the air filter cover was loose for a season. I bought a Kubota BX2200 for my kids, similar sized engine, and it has had a "bogs down and loses power" symptom off and on -- definitely not air intake related. Seems to happen when the thing gets "hot" (e.g. needle up close to the red zone in temperature. Whole other story.) The air filter looks VERY similar by the way. Dealers are worse than reluctant to facilitate contact with the prior owner of used equipment. It is always a helpful asset to be able to talk with the prior owner if you can. I assume you bought it from a dealer who took it in trade ?