Massy Ferguson 1533 fuel starvation

/ Massy Ferguson 1533 fuel starvation #1  

UNKELLE

Tractor
Massy Ferguson/1533
Wonder what to do for my fuel, starving tractor? When I first got tractor a year old 100 hrs on it! Ran good hydraulic s worked good !has loader and backhoe! A hose on loader caught a weight rod busted and I had replaced ?
Since then problems with fuel? Replaced dirty fuel filter bled system! But still wants to not feed fuel into sediment bowl fast enough! Sometimes runs beautiful!
others times hardly get to move 30 Feet before stops & dies!
Just drained the tank to clean and fuel ran out good?
Should I back blow sediment bowl fitting ?
And also see another fuel line filter ? In line or what is it?
Where y to find a shop manual for this machine as what came with it does not show much?

/ Massy Ferguson 1533 fuel starvation #2  
Had same problems twice with my 2011 Yanmar.

Check these:

First time, it was something in the tank, would float around and block the fuel flow at totally random times. Sounds like your problem IF the sediment bowl lacks fuel. You have to take the tank completely OFF, turn upside down and hose it out. Just draining the fuel will not do it. Hold a rag over the filler opening and see what you catch ! (plastic drill shavings all wound together in my case)

Next time, it was the little electric booster pump that moves fuel from the tank up line. If you have one on your machine, turn the key to the "on" position and LISTEN to the pump...should be a steady tic-tic-tic. If you don't hear it, or it skips "tics" or sounds weird, likely your problem ( was in my case ).

/ Massy Ferguson 1533 fuel starvation #3  
Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm going to move your thread over to the Massey section in case you end up needing more advice.

/ Massy Ferguson 1533 fuel starvation #4  
Wonder what to do for my fuel, starving tractor? When I first got tractor a year old 100 hrs on it! Ran good hydraulic s worked good !has loader and backhoe! A hose on loader caught a weight rod busted and I had replaced ? Since then problems with fuel? Replaced dirty fuel filter bled system! But still wants to not feed fuel into sediment bowl fast enough! Sometimes runs beautiful! others times hardly get to move 30 Feet before stops & dies! Just drained the tank to clean and fuel ran out good? Should I back blow sediment bowl fitting ? And also see another fuel line filter ? In line or what is it? Where y to find a shop manual for this machine as what came with it does not show much?

I own a 1533 myself and had the same fuel issue shortly bringing it home. Anyway it ended up going back to the dealer, where the removed the fuel tank. And what they found was dead flies in the tank, which must have crawled in though the over flow tube.
I brought the tractor home and it wasn't long for it to start acting up again. So after doing some research myself. I found that there is a small pea sized pellet, with a small hole in it to regulate the fuel delivery, in the fuel line.
So I removed the pellet and flushed the hose, with fuel and a shot of compressed air. Anyway I guess the dealership mechanic missed doing this because a bunch of fly wings can out of the tube in the flush.
I replaced the pellet into the hose. Hooked everything up and haven't had an issue since. Plus I keep a rag over the end of my bulk fuel hose, to make sure I don't get more flies into the tank.
I am guessing that you could have something in the hose blocking the small hole in that pellet, similar to my problem

/ Massy Ferguson 1533 fuel starvation #5  
I own a 1533 myself and had the same fuel issue shortly bringing it home. Anyway it ended up going back to the dealer, where the removed the fuel tank. And what they found was dead flies in the tank, which must have crawled in though the over flow tube.
I brought the tractor home and it wasn't long for it to start acting up again. So after doing some research myself. I found that there is a small pea sized pellet, with a small hole in it to regulate the fuel delivery, in the fuel line.
So I removed the pellet and flushed the hose, with fuel and a shot of compressed air. Anyway I guess the dealership mechanic missed doing this because a bunch of fly wings can out of the tube in the flush.
I replaced the pellet into the hose. Hooked everything up and haven't had an issue since. Plus I keep a rag over the end of my bulk fuel hose, to make sure I don't get more flies into the tank.
I am guessing that you could have something in the hose blocking the small hole in that pellet, similar to my problem
just had this problem with my 1533, took the fuel tank off and flushed out dead flies! I'm hoping it was just one of the flies floating in front of the outlet once in a while, it would run good for sometimes an hour, other times maybe minutes before you could see the fuel not flowing fast enough into the sediment bowl.

I blew out the line and it was clear of obstruction but did not know about this little pea sized ball. is it between the tank and inlet on sediment bowl? I hope I don't have to take the tank off again, that was a pain in the keester. I haven't run it yet to see if it's better, I'll know soon as I didn't get finished plowing snow today before I took it apart.

/ Massy Ferguson 1533 fuel starvation #6  
just had this problem with my 1533, took the fuel tank off and flushed out dead flies! I'm hoping it was just one of the flies floating in front of the outlet once in a while, it would run good for sometimes an hour, other times maybe minutes before you could see the fuel not flowing fast enough into the sediment bowl. I blew out the line and it was clear of obstruction but did not know about this little pea sized ball. is it between the tank and inlet on sediment bowl? I hope I don't have to take the tank off again, that was a pain in the keester. I haven't run it yet to see if it's better, I'll know soon as I didn't get finished plowing snow today before I took it apart.

Sorry I didn't reply to your question regarding the little pellet in the fuel line. Yes it's in the line between the tank and sediment bowl. Like I mentioned it's probably to regulate fuel delivery to the bowl being the fuel is gravity fed. I was going to leave it out when I had my problems but thought I better leave it alone. As it must be there for a reason. I haven't had any fuel issues since my initial fly in tank problem

/ Massy Ferguson 1533 fuel starvation #7  
Sorry I didn't reply to your question regarding the little pellet in the fuel line. Yes it's in the line between the tank and sediment bowl. Like I mentioned it's probably to regulate fuel delivery to the bowl being the fuel is gravity fed. I was going to leave it out when I had my problems but thought I better leave it alone. As it must be there for a reason. I haven't had any fuel issues since my initial fly in tank problem
thank you. I've since ran mine for more than a few hours plowing and haven't had any more fuel starvation issues.