Mf54 backhoe cast iron?

/ Mf54 backhoe cast iron? #1  

georgia088

Tractor
Mf 30?
Hello. On this mf54 backhoe I recently purchased, the frame that holds the rotary cylinder has a broken piece where the bolt goes through. It needs to be welded to be fixed. However, I am not sure if it is cast iron or not. I am posting a picture to see if you guys can tell me. Can this be welded?
Thanks! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455032488.006961.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455032501.111744.jpg

The part that needs welding is the big frame part that has 4 big bolts through it (2 on the side that the picture shows)

/ Mf54 backhoe cast iron?
I answered my own question. I had to take it completely off, but it is steal. And I was able to weld it.

/ Mf54 backhoe cast iron? #3  
I answered my own question. I had to take it completely off, but it is steal. And I was able to weld it.
So the plate that holds the cylinder is made of steel? Because I have the same backhoe model and my upper part of that plate has a much larger hole than the pin that holds it in place and I want to weld some sort of sleeve or bushing in there to tighten it back up. I can't find parts I'm not sure if it originally had a bushing or not.

Well, I'm not a metal guy, so I'm not sure what the material is. However, I was able to weld mine and it has held fine this far (knock on wood). Which part are you talking about exactly?

Also agco parts book has a great break down of the parts for this. I can't remember exactly how to get there, but google can probably help you find it.

/ Mf54 backhoe cast iron? #6  
Well, I'm not a metal guy, so I'm not sure what the material is. However, I was able to weld mine and it has held fine this far (knock on wood). Which part are you talking about exactly?

20171120_213500.jpg

#33 the mast that bolts to the tractor that the boom is pinned to the bearing above the swing motor is completely gone and the pin is just making the hole larger so I plan to weld it up and machine it back to original size and either put a make a bushing or hunt down a bearing a about the same size and make the opening to fit.

I can't find the darn pin either. And I think the pin not being supported by the bearing in the upper mast has maybe beat up the swing motor upper plate where the seal/ o ring goes.

You can't hardly get this stuff anymore so I'm about to re engineer this thing I guess haha.

It's a good backhoe very strong for its size I just want to fix it right.