GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat

/ GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat #21  
I have a 1705 and i upgraded my seat. I didn't think twice about it. The seat was a bit expensive but comfortable. It was 300 or 400 i don't remember now but worth it for the comfort.

/ GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat #22  
I have a 1705 and i upgraded my seat. I didn't think twice about it. The seat was a bit expensive but comfortable. It was 300 or 400 i don't remember now but worth it for the comfort.

Ed, do you mean you purchased the 1710 seat? How much of it did you need to purchase in order for it to fit your 1705? The reason I ask is because if the cushion only is replaced then the sloppiness of the hardware still exists.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
   / GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat #23  
Ed, do you mean you purchased the 1710 seat? How much of it did you need to purchase in order for it to fit your 1705? The reason I ask is because if the cushion only is replaced then the sloppiness of the hardware still exists.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff

Im not sure if it goes to any of the other models as I didn't ask. The seats were on the showroom floor and I basically just said change it out. I squinted once he said the price. I can get ahold of him and ask. Probably won't find out until next week. I believe the seat was an entire new seat with its own brackets and seat. Did the 1705 even have arm rests on it. I don't remember but i was thinking it did not.

/ GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat #24  
Jeff

Im not sure if it goes to any of the other models as I didn't ask. The seats were on the showroom floor and I basically just said change it out. I squinted once he said the price. I can get ahold of him and ask. Probably won't find out until next week. I believe the seat was an entire new seat with its own brackets and seat. Did the 1705 even have arm rests on it. I don't remember but i was thinking it did not.

The price was baded on brackets and seat if it was a gc1710 sest because a gc1705 seat can't be used on a gc1710 because both the gc1710 and gc1720 need swivel seats to operate the backhoe. At thevsame time the gc1715 is both a different seat and different bracketing than the gc1705 because the gc1715 has coil and spring suspension and the gc1705 has just coil suspension.

So that dealer is sitting with an extra gc1705 brackets and seat because it doesn't go on the gc1710nor 15 or 20.

/ GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat #25  
Jeff Im not sure if it goes to any of the other models as I didn't ask. The seats were on the showroom floor and I basically just said change it out. I squinted once he said the price. I can get ahold of him and ask. Probably won't find out until next week. I believe the seat was an entire new seat with its own brackets and seat. Did the 1705 even have arm rests on it. I don't remember but i was thinking it did not.

The 1705 seat has two "flat" cushions with one in a vertical position and the other horizontal. That's it, very plain and simply cheap.

I get the model Numbers mixed up so kudos to Axle for reminding me. I will be looking for the non TLB seat upgrade which is on the 1715.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 2.0 using TractorByNet

/ GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat #26  
The price was baded on brackets and seat if it was a gc1710 sest because a gc1705 seat can't be used on a gc1710 because both the gc1710 and gc1720 need swivel seats to operate the backhoe. At thevsame time the gc1715 is both a different seat and different bracketing than the gc1705 because the gc1715 has coil and spring suspension and the gc1705 has just coil suspension.

So that dealer is sitting with an extra gc1705 brackets and seat because it doesn't go on the gc1710nor 15 or 20.

He asked me if i wanted to keep my seat they changed out. I said what the heck am i going to do with it. It sits in the garage or in the pole barn out of the weather and away from animals.

/ GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat #27  
He asked me if i wanted to keep my seat they changed out. I said what the heck am i going to do with it. It sits in the garage or in the pole barn out of the weather and away from animals.

Shows you have an honest dealer. You'd have paid for a new one anyway . . but some dealers would gave kept it to sell to another user when their seat gets ripped or cut or worn out in the sun.

/ GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat #28  
Shows you have an honest dealer. You'd have paid for a new one anyway . . but some dealers would gave kept it to sell to another user when their seat gets ripped or cut or worn out in the sun.

Both seats did belong to edgarrian.

The fact that the dealer did not try and pull a fast one, and keep something, that obviously did not belong to him, suggests he is not a thief. But, it doesn't necessarily prove he is honest.

When you have a spare like that, you of course almost never end up needing it.

/ GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat #29  
He was persistent on trying to get me to keep it. I feel like if something happened to this seat I'm not gonna put the crappy one on. Ill buy another nice one. Honestly I probably would have trashed it anyway. It will make him a nice dust collector for a bit until someone needs a cheap seat

/ GC Sloppy Wobbly Seat #30  
He was persistent on trying to get me to keep it. I feel like if something happened to this seat I'm not gonna put the crappy one on. Ill buy another nice one. Honestly I probably would have trashed it anyway. It will make him a nice dust collector for a bit until someone needs a cheap seat

My point for you and Ray, is that we live in a different world than when many of us were kids. Its a me me me first world . . and I think its important for us to recognize when someone does something right and proper . . especially in business situations. Today many people don't even know what the "golden rule" is much less what it looks like in action.

What you would have done with the seat doesn't matter. The normal business perspective is he gives you a price and is trading his new seat for mondy and your virtually new seat. I have a much more optimistic perspective on your dealer I guess, because he helped a customer and made a profit but didn't attempt to make yet another profit on it. I think we teach others how to do the right thing or the wrong thing by our own actions and perspectives. Ray wants to say the dealer "wasn't a thief" and I want to say he was honest and you want to say it doesn't matter. Which perspective teaches what tiday's socuety lacks in the golden rule ? If we don't teach it . . who will ?