New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner

/ New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner #1  

rider7767

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T264 with loader and implements
Hello all. I am the proud new owner of the the GC1705 tractor with loader, 4 foot tiller and 60" deck. Seven hours into it, and I love it. Over the years, I have owned a Kubota BX1500 and BX2200. I have owned a Kioti CK22 and a John Deere 1026R. I just sold the John Deere because I did not want to move it across country when I retired and move back to West TN. My new home has an 2 1/2 ac lot. I shopped around and found the Massey Ferguson GC1705 to be the perfect fit for mowing and a large garden. The tractor looks to be well built. I noticed a lot of the parts look just like my old Kubota BX2200. The dealer said much had filtered down from the older Kubota tractors to the GC1705. That made me even more comfortable with the new tractor. Well, hello again, and please pass down any advise and hard knock knowledge. :)

/ New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner #2  
I'm really sorry you bought the 1705 Rider, because my 1715 will walk all over your little tractor! JK buddy, great choice of a tractor. I'm amazed at the work I get done with mine.

/ New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner #3  
Welcome aboard the mf gc1700 series.

You'll notice that there are several similarities to the bx product that iseki/massey did with improvement . . Like the forward flow engine cooling and continuation of the diff lock. But you've probably already noticed the lower rpm required and even at near idle speed the loader is more movable.

Anyway . . You'll find a bunch of threads on gc1700s fron quick attach bucket options to implements to fixes and maintenance.

You got a good product with a long warranty and alot of capability . . congrats.

I admit I'm curious . . You owned a jd 1026r prior to the the new gc1705

How would you compare them?

/ New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner
I'm really sorry you bought the 1705 Rider, because my 1715 will walk all over your little tractor! JK buddy, great choice of a tractor. I'm amazed at the work I get done with mine.

Thank you for the welcome.

/ New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner
Welcome aboard the mf gc1700 series.

You'll notice that there are several similarities to the bx product that iseki/massey did with improvement . . Like the forward flow engine cooling and continuation of the diff lock. But you've probably already noticed the lower rpm required and even at near idle speed the loader is more movable.

Anyway . . You'll find a bunch of threads on gc1700s fron quick attach bucket options to implements to fixes and maintenance.

You got a good product with a long warranty and alot of capability . . congrats.

I admit I'm curious . . You owned a jd 1026r prior to the the new gc1705

How would you compare them?

Believe it or not, I like the Massey better. I fat fingered it, I owned the JD 1025R which is the same but newer version of the 1026R. The hydraulics leak down quickly on the John Deere and it had to run at much higher RPMs to do the smallest thing. I did like the rear lift on the back of the John Deere. You set it on a number and it stayed. That is the only thing. All my other tractors beat the John Deere in every other area. This Massey is just better built and heavier. The John Deere has a lot of plastic. The John Deere was Green and that helped with resell. The Massey Ferguson Loader is much stronger in lifting. Overall, I think I made a good purchase which will last a long time. My tractor will mow and garden for the most part. :thumbsup:

/ New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner #6  
SCUTs are very versatile and a lot can be done with them. Congrats on the nice Red Tractor. I love having a tractor around to get things done. Our SCUT gets a ton of work done around here we used to struggle to keep up with, I'll never go without one now. Post up some pics of the new tractor getting stuff done. I've been doing that on the thread for mine to show people in the market for one what they can and do. Enjoy. Donnie

/ New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner #7  
Believe it or not, I like the Massey better. I fat fingered it, I owned the JD 1025R which is the same but newer version of the 1026R. The hydraulics leak down quickly on the John Deere and it had to run at much higher RPMs to do the smallest thing. I did like the rear lift on the back of the John Deere. You set it on a number and it stayed. That is the only thing. All my other tractors beat the John Deere in every other area. This Massey is just better built and heavier. The John Deere has a lot of plastic. The John Deere was Green and that helped with resell. The Massey Ferguson Loader is much stronger in lifting. Overall, I think I made a good purchase which will last a long time. My tractor will mow and garden for the most part. :thumbsup:

I think you show some good observations. I added a quick attach capability to my fel from a 3rd party manyfacturer and then I also added forks to work with the fel. I can't get over how often I move things with the forks that would otherwise require cart and my back . . like landscape and oato blick and mulch bags and lumber or landscape fabric or even clearing things out of the garage.

And an inexoensive 3 pt sorayer makes weed killung and lawn maintaining so much nicer than pump and spray types Late this spring or early summer I plan to add a mini grapple also because I have fallen old box elder trees and branches on my tree line and also bigger rock to relocate. Of course landscaping and mowing are also continuing needs and some adfitions to the irrigation/sprinkler system when time permits.

80 hours in 10 months on the hour clock went quick . . and more to come :)

/ New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner #8  
Axel I'm thinking of doing irrigation too. It looks like there's a 3pt attachment made to cut ground and has a tube to feed pipe. Looks like you'll need to have someone in the seat and one to feed pipe. Looks like a good investment for the money.

/ New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner #9  
Axel I'm thinking of doing irrigation too. It looks like there's a 3pt attachment made to cut ground and has a tube to feed pipe. Looks like you'll need to have someone in the seat and one to feed pipe. Looks like a good investment for the money.

I'd be interested in seeing it. I was planning on getting a ripper tooth to run a couple 100 foot long 7 inch line trenches because I have most irrigation already in . . But I know someone who wanted me to help on their's and that is nothing done yet :) :)

/ New Massey Ferguson GC1705 owner #10  
It's exactly that, has a ripper tooth on it and a tube mounted to it to feed pipe into the trench. I think the one I saw someone posted here was around 300 give or take. Try googling a 3pt pipe trencher, if you look around you'll find them. Donnie