MF 1533 Won't start (electrical problem)

/ MF 1533 Won't start (electrical problem) #1  

Tim in SC

Tractor
MF 1533, MF 2705e, Kubota MX5800
I have a MF 1533 shuttle shift tractor with FEL.

My problem is the engine will not turn over with the key.

I turn the key on and the fuel pump runs, and the fuel shutoff solenoid opens. When I turn the key to start I hear a solenoid click but the engine does not turn.

With the key on I can turn on the lights and hear a buzzing noise, the turn signals also create a intermittent buzzing under the gray instrument cowling. I removed the cowling and found the buzzing coming from relays.

I can jump the starter and the engine will crank and run. The tractor is perfect running this way except that the PTO is intermittent, sometimes the electric PTO will engage and work and sometimes the light on the panel goes dim or flickers and the PTO disengages.

I have replaced the ignition switch, checked the seat safety switch and the PTO switch.

Any ideas or has anyone seen this before.

Tim in SC

/ MF 1533 Won't start (electrical problem) #2  
   / MF 1533 Won't start (electrical problem)
Xfaxman,

Thanks for the reply.

That was one of the first things I did. And then went around checking other grounds with a multimeter.

Again thanks, I'll post when I get it fixed. I just hope someone else has had this problem.

Tim in SC

/ MF 1533 Won't start (electrical problem) #4  
You're welcome.

Another common occurrence is the positive cable corrodes under the insulation, out of sight.

/ MF 1533 Won't start (electrical problem) #5  
Hello,

My tractor just had this exact problem. Tractor started and ran fine for about 10 min then cut-out like I got off the seat or something. After that, it will not crank. Just click click
Will not jump start. Replaced battery and checked all connections. Still have same issue.
I suspect a defective neutral safety switch because I try shift gear in all positions and same symptom.

Does anyone now where the neutral safety switch is located? How to by-pass to confirm it was indeed the issue?

Thanks in advance.

I have a MF 1533 shuttle shift tractor with FEL.

My problem is the engine will not turn over with the key.

I turn the key on and the fuel pump runs, and the fuel shutoff solenoid opens. When I turn the key to start I hear a solenoid click but the engine does not turn.

With the key on I can turn on the lights and hear a buzzing noise, the turn signals also create a intermittent buzzing under the gray instrument cowling. I removed the cowling and found the buzzing coming from relays.

I can jump the starter and the engine will crank and run. The tractor is perfect running this way except that the PTO is intermittent, sometimes the electric PTO will engage and work and sometimes the light on the panel goes dim or flickers and the PTO disengages.

I have replaced the ignition switch, checked the seat safety switch and the PTO switch.

Any ideas or has anyone seen this before.

Tim in SC

/ MF 1533 Won't start (electrical problem) #6  
if you have cables with steel(silver color) connectors, I'd replace those with cables with bare copper connectors, steel is very bad, plain copper is the way to go!.