Massey Ferguson 492 PTO leak

/ Massey Ferguson 492 PTO leak #1  

luvstangs

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 492 and 2310
I just purchased a Massey Ferguson 492. I used it the other day to till a garden, now the PTO is dripping hydraulic fluid. Its almost hay season I need this tractor fixed quick. Any tips or does anyone know exactly how the seal fits the shaft? It doesn't look like it would need to to be split to get to it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

/ Massey Ferguson 492 PTO leak #2  
I just purchased a Massey Ferguson 492. I used it the other day to till a garden, now the PTO is dripping hydraulic fluid. Its almost hay season I need this tractor fixed quick. Any tips or does anyone know exactly how the seal fits the shaft? It doesn't look like it would need to to be split to get to it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Check out Agco Parts Books on line for assembly diagrams and parts lists.
AGCO Parts Books

Drain some fluid and/or park on a steep downhill grade.
Take all the bolts out around the pto output shaft. Put a long 1/4 inch bold through the hole in the of the PTO shaft and give it a good yank.

I replaced all the o-rings, the bearing and the seal but my 492 still dribbles fluid. It really flows when the PTO is connected to an implement.

The seal runs on a sleeve (part no 3598999M2) which my MF dealer quoted to me for $240. I hesitate to risk that much on a part that may or may not fix the leak.

I wonder if a PTO leak is just part of owning a 492 or is there a fix for this problem?

/ Massey Ferguson 492 PTO leak #3  
AGCO Parts Books

Click on View Books button:
Capture.JPG

/ Massey Ferguson 492 PTO leak #4  
I finally broke down and ordered the expensive 3598999M2 sleeve.
That fixed the leak.