Grading How does my three point float work GC1705?

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #1  

atsah

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 3025E
This is the first time using my three point hitch with my new back blade, when I lower my blade to the ground the hitch doesn't go up and down with the contour of the ground. It's kind of a pain to keep pushing the down lever down when the front of the tractor goes down and the blade moves up..

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #2  
Are you lowering the control lever all the way when you start out or just until the blade contacts the ground?

/ How does my three point float work GC1705?
Are you lowering the control lever all the way when you start out or just until the blade contacts the ground?

My lever is spring loaded, I push it down for a few seconds after the blade hits the ground. I had a NH TC45D a while back and if I recall correctly it had two 3pt levers, one for dropping the hitch and one for setting the height..

I thought maybe my top link was to tight but if I loosen it anymore the blade won't go high enough off the ground when not in use.

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #4  
Sounds like you don't have position control on this tractor? Is there a detent to hold the lever all the way down in "float"?

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #5  
Sounds like you don't have position control on this tractor? Is there a detent to hold the lever all the way down in "float"?

Unfortunately in far too many models and brands . . Position control on the 3pt. Is a feature of the past replaced with quarter inching control. In scuts its a cost saving measure in most all of the brands and models now. In 2016 models of scuts I'm not sure who still offers true position control on the 3pt.. Anyone know ?

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #6  
It seems Kioti offers position control in their scuts.

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #7  
It seems Kioti offers position control in their scuts.

Kubota bx has not had it for a long time and Massey scuts has not had iposition cntrol for some time. Yanmar had it till 2013 models SC were replaced with the 221 but not since then.

/ How does my three point float work GC1705?
So how is a good way to deal with this issue and get use to not having what I'm use to? Thanks for all the reply's..

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #9  
So how is a good way to deal with this issue and get use to not having what I'm use to? Thanks for all the reply's..

This is why I cannot stand using my bush hog or my landscape rake.

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #10  

As I asked, can't you push the lever all the way down into detent, for float? That is how most other tractors with a quarter-incher work.

By the way I had a quarter-incher on my previous Kubota B and never had a complaint about it at all. Yes, position control is nice, but I had no complaints about the quarter-incher at all.