Tires Looking for new rear tires ...GC2410tlb

/ Looking for new rear tires ...GC2410tlb #1  

Toddao

Gold Member
Tractor
GC2410TLB
Looking at these rear tires, the weight rating looks like they are heavy enough to, just haven't seen any pics of a scut with type for rear tire ?.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Attachments

• image-241624426.jpg
    image-241624426.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 151
   / Looking for new rear tires ...GC2410tlb #2  
Looks like it's an aggressive turf tire.

Some of us are running turfs.

Should be fine, as long as you don't plan on running in mud.

/ Looking for new rear tires ...GC2410tlb
What would be different in the mud vs the R4s ?

/ Looking for new rear tires ...GC2410tlb
One concern was , I had wanted turf but dealer said they weren't recommend for the backhoe use
Ended up w R4s

/ Looking for new rear tires ...GC2410tlb #5  
One concern was , I had wanted turf but dealer said they weren't recommend for the backhoe use

I hope you misunderstood him, because if he actually said that, he's incompetent, in my opinion.

Who exactly, doesn't "recommend them for backhoe use"? MF sells TLB's with turf's on them, so it must not be them he was referring to.

These tractors were designed as "estate tractors". They are meant to maintain a homeowners property.

Most homeowners have grass. It you have grass, most of the time, turf tires are best for driving on it.

Now, as I said, if you want to play in the mud a lot, turfs are not ideal. But, for anything else, I don't think you can bet them. And, you can always chain them up, if you need to play in the mud.

They will, just like a car tire, load up with mud, and slip, if the mud is sticky.

Mine is the third compact TLB, between my dad and I. The first, a Kubota, had bar tires on it. The main reason he sold it, was to get rid of those tires. Because of, what they did to the lawn. His current, Honda TLB, and My GC TLB, have turf tires on them. We have used both, over 10 years. Even though apparently, you dealer doesn't approve, we have no regrets. And, it all works fine.

My neighbor has a Grasshopper Zero Turn, with bar tires, and they tear the "lawn" next door up, anytime the ground is less than completely hard. No thanks.

This is one of those things that has been debated here, a million times. And, everyone has a opinion about.

Having a preference, is completely understandable. Suggesting his opinion is fact, is not.

/ Looking for new rear tires ...GC2410tlb #6  
I have turfs on mine, and have, for the last six weeks, been working the $#@ out of them trying to clean up some brush piles, old downed, rotten logs, pulling stumps… I must have had the BH on & off at least two dozen times. No problems, and I'm not digging up my lawn every time I climb back up out of the "hole" with a loaded trailer on the back (I have to cross the lawn to get to the driveway).

Last edited:
   / Looking for new rear tires ...GC2410tlb #7  
Toddao, are you having problems with the R4's?

These little TLB's are so versatile that you could never pick the perfect tire for every foreseeable situation. The best you can do is pick the tire that works well for the majority of your uses.

/ Looking for new rear tires ...GC2410tlb #8  
When I first got my GC 2610 I was concerned about the bar tires on my lawn and priced some turfs mounted on wheels so I could just change them when necessary. I don't remember how it came about but was told that Kabota tires and wheels would fit and the cost was so low that I was shocked. As it turned out, I didn't need them.

/ Looking for new rear tires ...GC2410tlb #9  
I have r4 on my gc and after one season of using them i found this out. When i mow the lawn and its wet intake the front loader and backhoe off. Most of the time i just take the back hoe off tho. Around tight turns on uneven ground the rear will like to slip if im not soft on the throttle. So 4wd is sometime used just to avoid any peeling out. Half of my property is a small incline with trees close together and the other half is open and no trees. So with all the weight off even in wet(not muddy) areas im fine with my r4 they leave no mark but still having to use 4wd.