Massey Ferguson 1526 road speed

/ Massey Ferguson 1526 road speed #1  

drab m

Tractor
None
I searched and searched but could find no data. Does anyone know what the top speed for the MF 1526 ?

thanks

/ Massey Ferguson 1526 road speed
That is what I feared. 3 miles away is hardly far enough to bother hitching the trailer (and inevitably unloading whatever is in it) loading up the tractor, towing it out there, unloading the tractor - etc.) But if it goes like 9 miles an hour then that 20 minutes to go 3 miles will seem like forever. I wish they would publish the data. If it went 12 miles an hour then it would be 15 minutes out there. I guess in the scheme of things that is not much of a difference, but psychologically it matters anyway.

Even driving it across the property it seems like it would make a difference for productivity. The lane is 3/4 mile. so there and back is a mile and a half. That would take 10 minutes at 9 mph and 7 1/2 minutes at 12 mph. It looks like there are not many 1526 out there to try it out. My dealer says he would have to order one, or have one shipped from another state. Either way there is no try before you buy...

/ Massey Ferguson 1526 road speed #5  
Probably somewhere between 10-14 mph... But really, that's not gonna matter all that much. Slow is slow, small tractors like these, unfortunately, aren't built for speed.

/ Massey Ferguson 1526 road speed #6  
Its unfortunate the lack of data found when looking at some of these tractors. According to their 1700 pocket guide (https://agco.bigmachines.com/bmfsweb/agco/image/StandardFeatures/MFCompactTractorPocketGuide.pdf), the closet spec I could find for max speed was for the 1734E HST. It looks like tire choice would make some difference in max speed.

1734E Max Speed:
R1 11.2x24 - 14.72 MPH Max Speed
R3 38x14-20 - 12.91 MPH Max Speed
R4 15x19.5 - 13.25 MPH Max Speed

1739E Max Speed (Same tire sizes as 1734E):
R1 - 15.84 MPH Max Speed
R3 - 13.89 MPH Max Speed
R4 - 14.26 MPH Max Speed

As you can see both horsepower and tire selection will make a difference. I'm not sure of the tire sizes on the 1526, but I would guess that with the same size tires the 1526 should only be about 1-2 MPH slower than the 1734E.

/ Massey Ferguson 1526 road speed
Thanks for that data Wolfman.

Oh buy the way, Welcome aboard.
Thanks. I'm not sure if I will end up with a Massey or Kubota or Deere. I still haven't decided what size I will get either.

I did find that I qualify for the equine discount from M F, but haven't yet learned from the dealer how much that would save.

/ Massey Ferguson 1526 road speed #8  
Thanks for that data Wolfman.

Thanks. I'm not sure if I will end up with a Massey or Kubota or Deere. I still haven't decided what size I will get either.

I did find that I qualify for the equine discount from M F, but haven't yet learned from the dealer how much that would save.

Well, what chores do you have planned for your tractor? I'm sure driving from place to place is just a means to get to the work, right?

/ Massey Ferguson 1526 road speed #10  
I'm thinking that must be a typo. I can't see any of the sub 40 HP machines topping 15 mph, between gearing and tire sizes.