Another 1758 issue?

/ Another 1758 issue?
Have you checked to make sure that your rear remote (if applicable) isn't engaged, robbing hydraulic flow? Just a shot

Don't have any... yet. Just came back from our property and really upset now. A week ago we had a small tornado go through our woods and now it's a mess. Sure could use the massy for clean up detail but not much I can do with the way it sits. When it rains, it pours!

/ Another 1758 issue? #12  
Hate to hear things like this. Hopefully the problem will be an easy fix. I wonder if it could be something simple like a relief valve setting or perhaps a faulty valve. I'm hoping your dealer is responsive and can help take care of you. The 1758 should be a fantastic machine - I have the 2706E which is a similar machine and I am impressed with its lift capability.

/ Another 1758 issue? #13  
I'd be asking the dealer for a loaner, they can pick yours up when they drop the loaner off.

Ronnie

/ Another 1758 issue? #14  
a year later....u ever get this sorted out? I'm trying to decide between a MF1758, a Grand L5460, or the new Yanmar YT359...

/ Another 1758 issue? #15  
I'm also interested to see if this got sorted out. I have a MF1754 HST that I bought in Sept last year. Mine seems to have more issues than it is worth! Mine is stored inside. Tractor wouldn't go into reverse when new after 5 hours of running, TPH lever wouldn't move one morning (outside temperature was above 60 degrees for several days, nothing frozen), pops out of gear going down hill, kinked fuel line (wouldn't run, stalling not starting), sitting still with tractor in gear and tractor would intermittently start moving (forward or reverse) as if you were pushing hydro pedals. This last condition was very dangerous when backing into barn or working in tight areas. Sitting still at any point it would just start moving. Ended up being a defective pedal switch. I could go on. Not trying to bash dealer or Massey. This is the 2nd Massey tractor I've had with issues. Just saying, I probably won't buy another Massey product. I dug out some small trees by hand the other day as to just not wanting to deal with this tractor. I'm getting too old for this kind of stuff! I've had some health issues lately. Once I feel better, I'm going to get this resolved. The point is, I shouldn't have to deal with these type of problems!

/ Another 1758 issue?
Still the same issues due to dealer has yet to even see it. Every time I tell him to take a look see, he always replies with a we're swamped and call us in a few weeks. Getting quite pissed off and tempted to seach for the state mf rep. I understand that I didn't buy it from him but he's a dealer.. plus he told me he'd do the work if something arose before I even bought it.

Besides the hydrolic issues, the tractor is great. Very dependable and would serve someone well if they needed something of this caliber but mine just seems like a hydrolic issue and nothing more. After an hr of some hard loader work, oil gets VERY warm and doesn't want to lift or curl much weight (1500+). All the fluids and filters are good and no leaks of any kind so to ME it sounds like a valve problem. Maybe something isn't opening up all the way resulting in restriction thus causing the excess heat.?.

After the house is built along with a nice guarage/man cave, I'm prolly gonna trade up to a cabbed jd 5085e of the like. WAY to big for my needs and might struggle with all the working I do in the woods but it's just a want.

/ Another 1758 issue? #17  
I feel your pain. I have a new MF 1758. Very disappointed in performance of hydro trans. when operating in mid-range. Can't use loader in Medium range hydro. Hydro slips before you can load engine to dig into pile. Then have to switch hydro to low range. Hydro in Medium range will not even slip tires in 2 wheel drive at the lowest engagement of the hydro in Med. range. Acts the same way when trying to pull any heavy load. The hydro max. speed in med. range is 8 MPH. Sure would think hydro should be strong enough to load engine before slipping. Had back to dealer and they checked hydro relief pressures and checked engine HP. Stated everything is in spec. So I have a 59 HP tractor that you can not do any heavy work with unless you have it in low range at max 3.5 MPH. The MF1736 ( 36 HP with same hydro) would then pull/push as much as the 1758 in mid range hydro. Can't believe MF would design Tractor with such power limitations in mid range hydro. Any other owners of 1758,1758, 1754,1749, 1742 experience issues with MF hydro's?

/ Another 1758 issue?
I feel your pain. I have a new MF 1758. Very disappointed in performance of hydro trans. when operating in mid-range. Can't use loader in Medium range hydro. Hydro slips before you can load engine to dig into pile. Then have to switch hydro to low range. Hydro in Medium range will not even slip tires in 2 wheel drive at the lowest engagement of the hydro in Med. range. Acts the same way when trying to pull any heavy load. The hydro max. speed in med. range is 8 MPH. Sure would think hydro should be strong enough to load engine before slipping. Had back to dealer and they checked hydro relief pressures and checked engine HP. Stated everything is in spec. So I have a 59 HP tractor that you can not do any heavy work with unless you have it in low range at max 3.5 MPH. The MF1736 ( 36 HP with same hydro) would then pull/push as much as the 1758 in mid range hydro. Can't believe MF would design Tractor with such power limitations in mid range hydro. Any other owners of 1758,1758, 1754,1749, 1742 experience issues with MF hydro's?

I agree! Having to keep it in low is drinking the fuel station dry. Seems like I'm always filling it up but I just have to remind myself that I am using it pretty hard working a EA 84" box blade in clay.

/ Another 1758 issue? #19  

dallen - I've had other issues with my MF1754 hst, but power has not been one of them. I've pulled a couple 4" to 5" tree stumps lately in medium range w/o issue going slow. Use safety chains and straps so no airborne stumps. Use 4wd because otherwise wheels beak loose. I was moving dirt piles the otherday, 10' high by 40' long by 20' deep. PIles have sat for years, full of grass and weeds and compacted from rain/snow. In 2WD, I was spinning the rear tires easily pushing into the piles. I was doing it in mid-range going slow. Something doesn't sound right with your power issues. However, I had a dealer witness my tractor not being able to back in reverse into my pole barn in mid-range when the engine was at 2400 RPMs. They said that was normal, I wasn't using enough RPMs. It would be laughable, if it wasn't so annoying! I did contact another dealer thru Massey that helped me with that problem. IS THERE A WAY FOR YOU TO GET A SECOND OPINION ON YOUR TRACTOR FROM ANOTHER DEALER? Is there another dealer near you with a MF1758 that will let you test drive it. Couple of dealers that I've worked with in the past had gravel and dirt piles for demo purposes.

/ Another 1758 issue? #20  
change to the chevron synthetic thf. Massey could not fix mine and I changed to the full synthetic and all temps dropped. no more squeeling or slipping gears. I have written a whole string on the synthetic oil and a contact at chevron. It is not cheap. it is 168.00 for a 5 gal pail but it does work. Onionfmr is going to switch his next week I think. Both of us will keep you informed.

2 other things. the remote handle next to the right side of the seat needs to be replaced depending on build date. their is a bulletin from Massey. Also there is problems with the quick connectors on the 135 loader. Massey changed vendors on it too.