Snow I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project

/ I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project #1  

Jonohio

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 MF GC1710TLB
Good evening everyone,

I must be missing winter because I just found and bought a like new Kubota BX2750D snowblower with hydraulic chute to mate to my 1710.

5634.jpeg

Dare I say that the 96 degree days have me wishing for cooler temps..... :eek:

On a parts and retrofit note I talked with RADTECH in canada and they said that I need to change these blower parts out to match my tractor's mid mount pto. I called my dealer and the below items are about $200 shipped.

4263533M1 - Sprocket40B26
4263532M91 - Drive shaft with sprocket 40C12
4263535M91 - Chain #40 x 34 links

I also will need the subframe and mid pto shaft which is another $700 or so.

Finally I also want the electronic chute deflector and refuse to pay the $500+ for the kit from massey - so I found a slightly used Firgilli FA-150-A-12-6 actuator on ebay for $45 and a momentary led switch for $12 to complete that setup.

All in all I'll be into the snowblower for about $2900, which is about $1850 less than I was quoted for new one out the door. I'll keep everyone posted as winter approaches and I get things retrofitted.

Question, does anyone know what I need to change the chute hydraulic connections out to in order tomake them work with MF?

Oh, i'm also planning on adding UHMW to my chute to ease clogging and maximize throw distance. More to come on that as well.

It's going to be a fun fall :licking:

- Jonathon

/ I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project #2  
That's a fairly gutsy move to set out to mate the Kubota blower to the MF1710. Have you looked at the rpm match with your mid-pto ? I suppose the sprockets you list achieve that match? You just mention the 'subframe.' How much cutting and welding will that require or does RADTECH sell the same blower for both Kubotas and MF ? If RADTYECH makes the same blower for both brands of tractors then this project has a chance to succeed without custom welding, etc. Do you have hydraulic remotes on that 1710 ? How do you lift and lower it ?

Interesting.

/ I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project
JWR- I talked with RADTECH before proceeding, the kubota 2750D and MF2360 are identical other than paint - there will be zero custom fabrication. There are also multiple other folks who have done this same project on various forums (including here).

The P/Ns in my post were what RADTECH gave me to retrofit the blower for the MF PTO speeds. Once i buy the MF subframe (with hydraulic lift) and the pto shaft adapter from MF I'll have a functional mate to my GC1710 (other than the hydraulic fitting changeout for the chute rotator). My tractor is a TLB so the joystick controls for the bucket will control the chute and blower lift mechanism.

/ I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project #4  
The under side of the Massey and the Kubota are almost the same tractor.

/ I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project #5  
Good luck on the build. Looking forward to pictures

/ I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project #6  
RADTECH makes pretty well all the front mount blowers for the SCUT/CUT line's of most manufacturers and makes a few of the rear blowers too.

/ I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project #7  
In the next week I'll be starting into a storage shed used by the ski trails. We've already rebuild a bridge on da trails. So a few of us have been thinking about winter for quite a while :) I'll attach a photo of snow blowing here. This was taken rather early in the winter.

Attachments

• snow blowing.a.jpg
    snow blowing.a.jpg
    841.4 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
   / I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project #8  
I am pretty sure I've seen a thread where someone else had mounted a Kubota front blower on a Massey....or maybe it was the other way...In any case, I believe it was a direct fit, no modification necessary, except for adapting to the mid PTO speed.

If going the other way, putting a Massey blower on a kubota, you really don't even need to make a change, just run the engine a little slower, there is still plenty of power.

/ I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project #9  
If you or anyone else needs a spare hydraulic lift cylinder for the quick hitch I have a new one for sale. It was bought from a Kubota dealer but will fit both Kubota and MF. $300 plus shipping. Sold my GC2400 and don't need this anymore.

/ I must be missing winter....a kubota snowblower retrofit project #10  
So, an old thread... my 2360 blower, now on its 14th season, is in need of a gear reduction box refurbishing. I have a Kubota dealer who's very responsive and only a 1/2 hr away, whereas the nearest M-F dealer is 1-1/2 hrs away. As a result, I've gotten a number of interchangeable Kubota parts for my M-F tractor & implements.

I just learned the hard way, however, about the slight difference in the Kubota vs M-F gear reduction box on the 2360 blower.

The lower (small) shaft/sprocket (12-tooth) is the same for both brands, but the upper (large) sprocket & chain are different -- the M-F has a slightly lower gear reduction, with a 26-tooth upper sprocket (and matching 34-link chain) vs Kubota's 30-tooth upper sprocket and 38-link chain. So I'll be looking at a re-stocking charge for my not-fitting Kubota parts, but that's on me.

Just thought I'd add that to this thread for others' future reference. The part numbers above are right on the money, BTW. (Should have looked there first!)