GC1705 LED headlight bulbs and rear LED work light.

/ GC1705 LED headlight bulbs and rear LED work light. #1  

rider7767

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T264 with loader and implements
My GC1705 headlights are not very bright, so I replaced them with LED's. They are much brighter and they are a very white light. I am working on the rear LED flood light now. uploadfromtaptalk1469926112197.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469926122050.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469926128067.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469926136154.jpg

/ GC1705 LED headlight bulbs and rear LED work light. #2  
Looks great, Can you provide the details of what bulbs you used for others who may wish to make the change also?

/ GC1705 LED headlight bulbs and rear LED work light.
I got the LED flood light at AutoZone.
uploadfromtaptalk1469932858955.png

Well, I am done. I used power from the tail lights for my rear work lights. The rear work light is 3 watts. The standard tail light is 5 watts, so I replaced the taillights with some LEDs I had on hand. The LED tail lights are 1.5 watt, so I came in .5 watts under the original power draw on the left side

I was at Advance Auto and pick up two new LED bulbs for the front, just to try. Wow! They are even brighter than the first LED bulb I put in. They are the inside bulbs. $24.95 (pricey)
uploadfromtaptalk1469990439104.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469990451994.jpguploadfromtaptalk1469990467967.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1469991837695.jpg

/ GC1705 LED headlight bulbs and rear LED work light. #6  

Rider, so if I understand this correctly, you bought and installed 1 set of new led bulbs for your front headlights but then a day or so later you bought a different brand/type and installed those instead ?

1. Could you take back the 1st ones. ?

2. What caused you to try the second set so soon after getting the 1st set ?

3. Is the 2nd set preferred over the 1st set. ?

4. $25 bucks a bulb for the 2nd set . . Not a cheap experiment :) Is there a difference in wattage draw between the 1st set and 2nd set of led bulbs?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Rider, so if I understand this correctly, you bought and installed 1 set of new led bulbs for your front headlights but then a day or so later you bought a different brand/type and installed those instead ?

1. Could you take back the 1st ones. ?

2. What caused you to try the second set so soon after getting the 1st set ?

3. Is the 2nd set preferred over the 1st set. ?

4. $25 bucks a bulb for the 2nd set . . Not a cheap experiment :) Is there a difference in wattage draw between the 1st set and 2nd set of led bulbs?

Thanks.
I sold a camper trailer, in which I had put in all LED bulbs. I reinstalled the original 921/1156 bulbs when it sold. Now I have about 40 LED bulbs setting around to play with. All different kinds bought over a one year period. I did buy the second set at Advance Auto and do like them much better. They are very much brighter than the original incandescent bulbs, and brighter than the older LED bulbs I had on hand. In person, I think they are worth the money. The new bulbs are 2.5 watts where as each incandescent bulb was 13 watts. Net result is 10 watts vs 52 watts. I am not sure what the watts were on the first set of LED's, but 1.5 watts comes to mind.

/ GC1705 LED headlight bulbs and rear LED work light. #8  
Thanks Ryder.

Looks like I'm going to be doing some comparison pricing on sylvania 921 bulbs :)

/ GC1705 LED headlight bulbs and rear LED work light. #9  
Those aren't exactly headlight bulbs. :confused2: Probably used to keep you from running into the garage door at night. :) They're commonly used for automotive brake lights.

Those aren't exactly headlight bulbs. :confused2: Probably used to keep you from running into the garage door at night. :) They're commonly used for automotive brake lights.
921s are what came in the tractor. They are common as RV and travel trailer interior lights. Also reverse lights. The mission is to find a better replacement bulb which will put out more light without producing more heat and staying under the original wattage as to not over load the system of four bulbs. The extra bright white LED bulbs fit the bill.