MF165 pto/hydraulic problems: locked up

/ MF165 pto/hydraulic problems: locked up #1  

desross

Tractor
mf 165
I have a 165 FEL with aux hydraulics that has lost all hydraulics and the pto has stopped turning, however if you put a spanner on it and turn ( pto )then tractor moves forward, if you put pto in neutral and spanner pto, tractor moves forward, if you engaged two stage clutch to the floor and put spanner on pto, the tractor still moves forward.pto clutch was done 250hrs ago with not much pto work since just running hydraulics. so now i am scratching my head any ideas out there.
cheers
des

/ MF165 pto/hydraulic problems: locked up #2  
does the pto turn when you drive the tractor with pto in ground drive? {pto lever all the way forward}

/ MF165 pto/hydraulic problems: locked up
Yes only turns when driving: ONLY at ground speed: in Ground drive , neutral, and engine, but no hydraulics when moving.

/ MF165 pto/hydraulic problems: locked up #4  
Sounds like a wiring issue. Back trace any wires you may have crossed or pinched when doing the clutch.

/ MF165 pto/hydraulic problems: locked up #5  
Sounds like a wiring issue. Back trace any wires you may have crossed or pinched when doing the clutch.

Pto and hydraulic system entirely mechanical on this model tractor. You could remove every electrical wire from it (on diesel models) and it would still run properly, if you coast started it!

Pto clutch and parts driven by it could be suspect, I 'think' the hydraulic pump is also down stream of the pto clutch but upstream of the pto shift lever, as far as power transfer. In other words, hydraulic pump always should run when clutch is engaged.

/ MF165 pto/hydraulic problems: locked up #6  
I think I would start by taking the seat off and pulling the top off should be able to tell whats going on then.