Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #11  
Re: Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube

Nice job. MF released a knowledge object to their dealers with a similar solution. I believe its KO1030294.

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #12  
Re: Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube

Nice job. MF released a knowledge object to their dealers with a similar solution. I believe its KO1030294.

What is a "knowledge object" ??

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube
Re: Watch Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video; on YouTube

As much as I studied kubota bx product over several years . . Neither of those things you mentioned did I ever notice were different from my eventual choice of the Massey gc1715. As closely watched by the competitor's engineers . . I wonder what advantage Massey gets out of the larger gearbox to justify the height difference . . . it certainly can't be gearbox oil capacity because there isn't a great deal of gear oil in them lol.

And the bx products have an hour meter tracking for the mmm ????. Interesting feature.
The bigger box should hold bigger gears. Bigger means not having to turn as fast. Theoretically they should last longer. Just a guess!

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube

Thank you

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #15  

Good video. Are the adjustment numbers supposed to coralate to inches? If so, mines not even close.

I agree that the front rods are only useful for leveling front to back.

I have had the 60" drive over for about a month and have taken it off and put it back on several times now. It's pretty easy and quick to do after you've done it a couple times.

Good video. Are the adjustment numbers supposed to coralate to inches? If so, mines not even close.

I agree that the front rods are only useful for leveling front to back.

I have had the 60" drive over for about a month and have taken it off and put it back on several times now. It's pretty easy and quick to do after you've done it a couple times.
They are very close to one inch drop per click.

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #17  

What is a "knowledge object" ??

Its kind of like a "frequently asked question" contained with in a data base that is available for dealers to consult electronically.

I use my tiller today with my deck still on today!

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #19  

I gotta admit that I typically use the anit-scalp wheels to set the mower height. It works more like a floating deck in this case, just gotta watch the soft ground in the spring though, or the gauge wheels become gouge wheels.....

I gotta admit that I typically use the anit-scalp wheels to set the mower height. It works more like a floating deck in this case, just gotta watch the soft ground in the spring though, or the gauge wheels become gouge wheels.....
Our ground is too soft. I use a combination of both. Also, with the modifications, my deck sets much higher in the locked up position allowing me to better use the 3pt hitch with the deck in tow.

Last edited: