Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread
Just after filling. It's less than full a few minutes later. Have thought about seeing if I could put a larger diameter line on it. Not sure if it's worth it no more trouble than it is though.
If you inadvertently got trash In the tank, the line could be slightly blocked causing your issue.

I just picked mine up today and they dropped the tank and checked the sender and it all checked out. The tech said that the feed pipe between the two tanks is better than 1 1/2 inches in diameter so i'd think it'd equalize pretty quickly. They told me to continue using it and see is anything changes or if a TSB is put out on it. He said it could be an issue in the dash, as my fuel level reading just disappears from time to time.

Anyway, I got the 50 hour service done. I guess only an oil change is needed at this time? He said the hydro is at 600 hrs?

Also had the tires filled and picked up a set of pallet forks.

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #22  
I just picked mine up today and they dropped the tank and checked the sender and it all checked out. The tech said that the feed pipe between the two tanks is better than 1 1/2 inches in diameter so i'd think it'd equalize pretty quickly. They told me to continue using it and see is anything changes or if a TSB is put out on it. He said it could be an issue in the dash, as my fuel level reading just disappears from time to time.

Anyway, I got the 50 hour service done. I guess only an oil change is needed at this time? He said the hydro is at 600 hrs?

Also had the tires filled and picked up a set of pallet forks.

LM
If it's going out intermittently like that it may be a loose wire from the level detector to the dash.
Good luck. Hope it works out.

If it's going out intermittently like that it may be a loose wire from the level detector to the dash.
Good luck. Hope it works out.

Correct, and I think that is what the dealer thought as they did trace the wire as well and reset all of the connections. I filled it completely with fuel yesterday on the way home as long as I had it on the trailer. With that full tank, the fuel level never acted erratically as I worked it pulling a disc for a few hours last night, maybe we found the problem.

LM

As I was out discing last night it got pretty dark so I decided to go in. I un-pinned and dropped the disc off and headed in. As I make a turn (must have been into the wind or something) I see a plume of smoke come up passed my windshield and right side cab window. I was confused for a bit as this machine has NEVER belched out any smoke before. I thought maybe it was just fog coming off of the swamp I just went passed, but still wasn't sure. Maybe at 50 hours the computer released a more aggressive fuel table after the break-in and I was at 50.5 hours?

As I looked around, I saw that the regen light was lit up on the dash! I was in regen mode at 50.5 hours. Not sure how long it had been in regen mode as I hadn't noticed anything until after I dropped the disc. I did raise the manual throttle to full rpm just to assist it and it took about 7-10 more minutes for it to complete. I really didn't notice any real power loss when it was happening, but then again I wasn't really asking it for near full or full power either.

So far, pretty impressed with this tractor. It has had a few quirks, but nothing that was a show stopper. I chose it over a Kubota and a John Deere as my brothers have the comparable models of those. I like both of those, but off the cuff I like where the fuel fill is located on the Massey over those two (the Kubota is in a horrible location in the middle of the hood). I like the ease of the range shift lever over the Deere much better on the Massey, the Deere is always stiff and you have to cycle the F-R pedals to get it to shift sometimes. The cab on the Massey is also better in my opinion than the other two. All good machines, just minor differences.

Regen at 50 massey.jpg

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #25  
Congratulations on your first successful regen cycle!

I'm still in the mid 20 hour range so I'm guessing I have maybe have 15 to 20 more hours to go which might not happen until I'm out blowing snow this winter.

Congratulations on your first successful regen cycle!

I'm still in the mid 20 hour range so I'm guessing I have maybe have 15 to 20 more hours to go which might not happen until I'm out blowing snow this winter.

One concern I had with the regen is that others had said that it ejects more heat (and possibly fire?) out the exhaust during the regen due to the extra fuel being used. My concern was that it may burn, blister or distort the paint on the loader during the regen if the loader arm was kept inline with the exhaust so just as a precaution, I kept the loader above the exhaust during the regen. Again, not sure on this but I just did it as a precaution.

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #27  
I never know when regen is going on except when I am startled by the light when looking down sometimes. I've come to completely ignore it. No blistered paint yet. ymmv

Yep, that's kind of how it happened with me..

LM

Got some more cab time this weekend working up more food plots for the deer. It's predicted to be an above normal winter on the nasty scale here in the Midwest so I figure the more I can do to help the herd out the better.

I put about 6.5 to 7 hours on the tractor and the fuel gauge read full until about the last 1.5 hours when it fell sharply and ended up at 1 bar just before I knocked off for the weekend. This would tell me that there still is something up with the gauge that still needs to be addressed.

Other than the gauge everything went well, I pulled an old single gang disc (looks like it was originally horse drawn) and I added afresh rail road tie to the top of it for extra weight and it cut well. I then pulled the rail road tie around the plot to level it a bit as the single gang let it a bit uneven. In between rain storms I was able to get my 5 foot Brillion drill hooked up and drill in some common rye to the new plot.

Shouldn't be but a few days and we'll see this one green up. I went around and checked on some other plots I planted awhile back and with the amount of rain we've gotten, they look good.

Here are some pictures:

brassicas.jpgView attachment 482659salad.jpg

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #30  
That does seem strange about your gauge, I just don't have enough uses for my 1736 right now to try your test, maybe in about 2-months.

We are getting dry here in NY, but some rain is predicted for tonight and tomorrow, those feed plots look nice an green!