Got me a 1433 Power Shuttle

/ Got me a 1433 Power Shuttle #1  

Lettusbee67

Tractor
Massey 1433
Hello,
I am new to Massey, and kinda new to tractors in general.

I have ten acres, mostly weeds, that I need to keep mowed. I've had an old For 640 that I have been getting by with, but every few weeks it needs something. So I've been keeping my eyes open for a decent used tractor. I did look at new, JD, Kubota, and MF. But let's face it, I don't need a $26,000 lawn mower.

This MF1433 Came up, with 711 hrs. and though I bought it about a month ago, I just now got around to tuning it up and putting it to work.
I will say that this power shuttle setup whoops the tar out of the kubota hydro I rented earlier this year.

So far, I have changed the oil, transmission, and fuel filter. Air filters are on order. I have changed the oil and transmission fluid as well.

I have the original owners manual, thankfully, and will refer to it for the other scheduled maintenance items that I should handle.

My questions are:
What else should I put on priority for maintenance before I really get to using it?
What are my options for pallet forks? Is it a pain to unpin the bucket and put on pallet forks?
I also need hooks for the bucket, any recommendations? I do not weld, but could get someone to do that, if that's better than bolt-ons.
Also, there doesn't seem to be a block heater for winter storage. Where do I start with getting one of those?

Thank you for the help

/ Got me a 1433 Power Shuttle #2  
Congrats on the "new to you" Massey! Make sure you post some pics.

Regarding your questions... Sounds like you already went thru most of the important stuff. Be sure to find and service all the grease zerks. Also, get an extended-wand-air-gun for your compressor, works great for blowing out for radiators. Otherwise, that's about it. I guess check all the nuts/bolts for tightness too.

Also, check out AGCO partsbook online (just do a search) ... You should be able to find if there is a block heater option, And a part number.

/ Got me a 1433 Power Shuttle
Here's some pics, including an action photo of my Nephew and some of his friends helping me take out some old corrals built of railroad ties.

Attachments

• 20160912_123927.jpg
    20160912_123927.jpg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 761
  • 20160912_124108.jpg
    20160912_124108.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 751
  • 20160910_123352_1473704188320_resized.jpg
    20160910_123352_1473704188320_resized.jpg
    744.8 KB · Views: 227
   / Got me a 1433 Power Shuttle #4  
Nice looking machine

/ Got me a 1433 Power Shuttle #6  
Greetings. I too recently purchased a 1440 Massey. Since I did not get any manuals with tractor, I would really appreciate knowing the oil, trans, fuel and air filter numbers, and if I can use aftermarket filters. Massey dealers prices are a little steep for me.
Thanks for your help.

/ Got me a 1433 Power Shuttle #7  
Good job on the new tractor! That looks pretty nice. I have a 1529 Massey, so pretty close to yours... I found some bolt on bucket hooks in my Christmas stocking. They installed very easily and seem to be plenty strong. Be sure you get all the hardware to bolt them on with, since it is hardened stuff. They came from Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Home>>.

/ Got me a 1433 Power Shuttle #8  
Older post, so hopefully the OP has found hooks by now. I'm jealous of his power shuttle... I think that would be the hot ticket!! :)

Bigbyrd, you can indeed use aftermarket filters if they're available. On my 1455v, the AGCO oil filter number is 3757038M2 and that cross references to a WIX 51348 (or Napa 1348). There are other brands as well, but I went top shelf because it gets changed so infrequently.

The trans hydraulic filter on my tractor was 3607790M1, and there is nothing listed as a direct cross reference anymore. I found that a WIX 57403 fit just fine, though it's an inch or so taller. There was plenty of room for it on my tractor. It's still not a cheap filter, but was about half of the OE filter price.

It appears your 1440 uses the same filters as my 1455v, but you'll want to confirm that for yourself.

/ Got me a 1433 Power Shuttle #9  
Greetings. I too recently purchased a 1440 Massey. Since I did not get any manuals with tractor, I would really appreciate knowing the oil, trans, fuel and air filter numbers, and if I can use aftermarket filters. Massey dealers prices are a little steep for me.
Thanks for your help.

Welcome to TBN!!!

My local O'Reilly's Auto Parts store can cross reference almost any filter. I only buy "brand" filters if forced to. Wayyyy too rich for me. :)

/ Got me a 1433 Power Shuttle #10  
Older post, so hopefully the OP has found hooks by now. I'm jealous of his power shuttle... I think that would be the hot ticket!! :)

Bigbyrd, you can indeed use aftermarket filters if they're available. On my 1455v, the AGCO oil filter number is 3757038M2 and that cross references to a WIX 51348 (or Napa 1348). There are other brands as well, but I went top shelf because it gets changed so infrequently.

The trans hydraulic filter on my tractor was 3607790M1, and there is nothing listed as a direct cross reference anymore. I found that a WIX 57403 fit just fine, though it's an inch or so taller. There was plenty of room for it on my tractor. It's still not a cheap filter, but was about half of the OE filter price.

It appears your 1440 uses the same filters as my 1455v, but you'll want to confirm that for yourself.

Thanks 1stDeuce for your prompt and helpful response. However, I am still in need of an Air Filter #. The present filter has no brand name, and the only # is G6B08. I have tried to cross that over on the computer (no luck) and called local NAPA who could not do anything with it either. This 2005 MF is new to me, and I would like to restore it to as close to "Like New" condition as possible to start with. I also had to replace a left tail light lens ($31.??) and a rubber heel pad on the shuttle shift ($29.??) also a electro hyd PTO switch ($72.??). It cost almost as much to have a tractor as it does to have a drag car.... Again, Thanks for the Info... You too, ovrszd!!!!!