Where is the hood release for a MF 1529?

/ Where is the hood release for a MF 1529? #11  
Having previously started it this fall when the thermometer was in the low 30s or high 20s, it then did as I mentioned...it spit and sputtered and puffed out some white smoke....and took at least 5 seconds for the idle to smooth out. And that was with the glow plugs on for 10 seconds. So it was much better after the block heater warmed things up.

By the way, tmajor, did you see my skid plate write-up for the 1529? http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/362103-diy-massey-ferguson-1529-skid.html

/ Where is the hood release for a MF 1529?
Yes, I had looked at that. When I got my tractor, it had a 4" pine log jammed up on the left side. .... didn't seem to affect anything.

Now my concern is the R4 tires. 1st, i had a sheet rock screw in the right rear, which I plugged. That was my fault, as I leveled off my burned "burn pile". Today, I noted a shattered piece of wood sticking out of one of the tire ribs on the left side. At first, I thought it was the end of another plug.

I've never had that happen to an ag tire. I'm wondering, if the R4's are a softer rubber?

I believe, that's the stick, in a previous picture.

stick in tire lug.jpg

Last edited: