Thread for MF 1529

/ Thread for MF 1529 #1  

tmajor

Platinum Member
Tractor
2010 MF 1529, Woods ZTR MZ1952, National Mower sickle bar circa 1963
I'm going to start this thread for the MF 1529, so that my progress has some continuity to it.

Currently, I'm working on the instrument panel.

I've got two lights, which come on with the key: one is a picture of a battery, which I figure means the key is on. ? The other, adjacent to it, I assumed was for the glow-plugs. But, in chatting with DuckSlayer, he felt that light was for oil pressure.

I got behind the panel and there is a multitude of lamps back there: Park, 4WD, High beam, turn signals, etc., plus back lighting. Upon shinning a light thru the holes, some symbols had no meaning at all to me. Some, such as "P", I assume, was "Park" for hydro-static tractors.? I did find some bulbs with poor contact with their holders.

Tomorrow, I'll check the oil pressure sensor and also, find out which light/symbol is correspondent to it.

What I have, as far as ignition lights: ... maybe, it is "oil pressure".

MF dash.JPG

/ Thread for MF 1529 #2  
to me it looks like the front of an engine with drop of oil in the crankcase. It has to be oil.

/ Thread for MF 1529
LOL "Your imagination is obviously more acute than mine"! If it simply said "OIL", I wouldn't have any doubt. There was one symbol with an incomplete circle and an arrow going into it ... I have no clue what that would mean.

/ Thread for MF 1529
Here is a picture of the back side of the dash panel. All of those little black things are lamps. And each in the top row, are behind indicator symbols. ... 9 of them.

Back side of dash panel.JPG

/ Thread for MF 1529 #5  
It looks like there are a lot of open terminals on that board. They probably use the same cluster on multiple tractors.

/ Thread for MF 1529
@ DuckSlayer1017
Do you have the same two lights lit, that I do? Do any others ever come on, i.e. 4WD, etc.?

/ Thread for MF 1529 #7  
Yes, I have the exact same two lights you have. I know there is no 4x4 light, maybe a pto light but I really don't remember.

/ Thread for MF 1529
If anybody should find it necessary to follow in my foot steps to change bulbs in the dash or whatever, let me give you my steps.

There are 5 Philips head screws and 4 plastic push pins holding the cowl in place. I don't believe, the push pins can be salvaged. I slipped a putty knife behind them and decapitated them. Then I replaced them with U-style clip nuts over the metal tabs beneath, finish washers and 1/4-20 stainless steel screws. It adds a little "bling" to the tractor. ... plus, it makes it a whole lot easier for the next time.

fastener1.JPG fastener2.JPG fastener3.JPG

Last edited:
   / Thread for MF 1529 #9  
I have a 1529 w/ hydrostatic drive....those are the only two lights I've ever seen lit. If I remember the owner's manual, those are the only two lights that are mentioned. It is not uncommon for manufacturers to use the same dashboard component in multiple models.

/ Thread for MF 1529
"TractorData" doesn't mention anything but, "SynchroShuttle", as transmission options. ?? Who knew?