GC1705 Air Filter

/ GC1705 Air Filter #1  

jlgurr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1705, John Deere STX46
Sticker shock! $65 out the door. If it hadn't been so dusty lately I'd have left empty handed. Dadgum!

ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1476977744.477666.jpg

/ GC1705 Air Filter #2  
Me too. That is just crazy, but I have not found a match either. I am going to put some real effort this winter to see if there is a suitable substitute.

/ GC1705 Air Filter
I'm going to try using the dimensions of my dirty filter to find something similar. There has to be something equivalent to this "paper in a perforated tin can."

/ GC1705 Air Filter #5  
Haha same here.. Just got one on Saturday... Kinda gotta have it though

/ GC1705 Air Filter
I found a FRAM CA9248 on line which might work. Next time I am at the parts store will ask to measure it.

/ GC1705 Air Filter #7  
$65 a year (or less often depending on your usage) is worth not taking the risk of putting the wrong filter into your tractor IMO..

It is outragiously priced though... agree with you there!

/ GC1705 Air Filter
After I find the right sized "can" I'll do a tear down of both to make sure they are at least equal.

And if that doesn't work I might just search out a new "tank" that uses a more common and less expensive filter element.

/ GC1705 Air Filter #9  
Sticker shock! $65 out the door. If it hadn't been so dusty lately I'd have left empty handed. Dadgum!

View attachment 485400

I just blow mine out w' compressed air every time I grease the machine, or at the end of a dusty day. still running on the original filter 6 yrs later. that thing can get loaded easily in one day of dusty work. one clue is the amount of black smoke the machine belches at startup or under load, also a sluggish feeling on the throttle. best to blow it out at the end of the day so as not to let it sit too long full of dust, if the air gets moist the dust turns to dirt.

/ GC1705 Air Filter #10  
...What he said! I also bang-tap, then blow mine out regularly; still on the original filter, though I have a replacement "in stock" at home.