how do you guys fuel your small tractors

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #21  
   / how do you guys fuel your small tractors #22  
I respectfully say this Rob. You must not use nearly as much fuel as I would have imagined you to use.

I use 125-175 gallons a month. Not doing that with 2.5 gal jugs. :)

Once I quit running my dozer so much, my fuel bill went WAAAAAAY down! I can get by nicely using cans now, as my tractors just don't use all that much fuel.

When I'm on the road rotavating, I just stop and fill the tractor at a fuel station...

I use to have it delivered, then I went to tanks in the back of my pu, but can's do it for me these days. Especially in the winter months...

SR

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #23  
Hey guys

I have a 1705 that i use often and its getting old filling it with 5 gallon jugs. thanks
A few comments: this thread started out with a 1705, and like my BX2200 you could run it for several days on a single 5 gal can of fuel. Paying over $600 to solve that problem baffles me. Now if you have several diesel machines around, that's a different story. In a lawn mowing BX2200 context I use the 5 gal can and see no problems. At the farm with 2 diesels I too got tired of lifting cans and did the following:

P1200661.JPG

It's a 35 gallon insecticide tank. Change the gaskets out for ones that resist fuel, use fuel resistant sealer on the threads, and go. I run it to the filling station with an old Subaru station wagon, fill it and use the 25ft hose to gravity feed the larger tractors from a hillside or elevated spot. Since it does not run as fast as I'd like I installed a bicycle valve in the lid to the tank and can pressurize it for better flow. I also added a couple of handles to the top of the tank so I can move it (once it is partly emptied.) Someday I'll spring for a pump. Right now it beats carrying fuel cans. These tanks come in several different sizes and shapes. Fuel is NO PROBLEM in them but you do need to find fuel resistant seals for the hose outlet. This one was $99 at Tractor Supply.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #24  
My incentive to find an alternate solution was as much motivated by Kubota's horrible engineering on my B7800 (loader stiffener bar running right smack over top the fuel tank filler!) as it was in handling the weight of filled containers. Speaking of the environmentally containers, anyone who proposed these solutions should be forced to fill up my B7800 using them!

I have several things that use diesel off-road: two tractors, UTV and generator. I pay to have a truck deliver off-road fuel. Cheaper fuel cost with sales tax AND the delivery charges than (on-road) pump diesel! The other benefit (for me) is that I don't have to load up jugs and then spend time filling them and then unloading them off the truck: I ended up having to run out and buy several more containers a couple years back in order to fill up an excavator that I was renting- big pain.

Picked up a 150 gallon tank with 12v pump and hose (and filter set up). Wanting to say this set me back about $700: best value I could find out in the used marketplace at the time.

If for any reason there's a dire emergency l would look to dip from the tank to fill either of my two cars (TDIs) or my truck. I do not do this, but if it's an emergency (natural disaster or such) and I somehow manage to get "caught" I figure I can present my argument for violating the law (running off-road diesel on-road) to the judge.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #25  
5 gal jug, just set jug on the fender, remove tank cap and get it flowing in tank with a couple jiggles of the "super-jiggler self priming siphon hose". Go do something else, and come back in a couple minutes, done. No holding the jug as it pours, no spills, no cranking pump. Cheap.

Super Jiggler Self-Priming Siphon - MADE IN U.S.A. - A Super
Simple Safety Siphon Pump

+1 The fuel filler on my Kubota is down near the seat and I use a WWll jerrycan. Put the jerrycan in the FEL and raise. Set up the siphon and go do something else. If you want the fill to go faster just raise up the FEL further. Jerrycan was a dump find, had to get extra tubing for the siphon (fishtank tubing)

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #26  
Hey, I used 5 gallon jugs for years. When my useage grew, I grew. Totally understand using whatever fills your needs. :)

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #27  
I pull up to my 'gas station', turn on the ball valve, stick the hose nozzle in the tank, and fill it up.

ry%3D400

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #30  
I pull up to my 'gas station', turn on the ball valve, stick the hose nozzle in the tank, and fill it up.

ry%3D400

How do you fill the barrels?