how do you guys fuel your small tractors

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
Hey guys

I have a 1705 that i use often and its getting old filling it with 5 gallon jugs. So I went on a search and found this http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200609589_200609589

I did order it and received it the day before I flew out for work. Anyway it looked nicely made and I'm excited to give her a try. Very light weight when its empty. You can hook it up your tractor battery to run it So its simple and nimble to have. Has anyone used one of these before

thanks

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #2  
Wow, that's a little pricey. However, you will enjoy the convince of not having to wrestle those 5 gallon cans.
I ditched the "Gerry" can about 4 years ago when I found a used 100 gallon diesel tank typically used in the back of a pick up truck at a local auction. Steam cleaned that critter with in an inch of it's life, added a TSC 120 volt pump and haven't spilled a drop refueling my tractor.
My local fuel/propane guy fills the tank when I call.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors
yea it was a bit pricey I had some gift cards to use from the store so it wasn't too bad

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #4  
55 gallon drum with hand pump

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #5  
I road mine 1/2 mile to the corner store. (in 2wd of course).

Sure beats putting up with the nanny cans that dribble fuel down your arm.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #6  
I save my 2.5 gallon oil jugs, fill them with diesel and pour them into my tractor as needed.

2.5 gallons isn't so heavy, and those oil jugs don't have all that safety BS that EVERYONE HATES!!

Life is goooooood.....

SR

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #7  
Filler cap on the 1734E is at about mid thigh high, a five gallon fuel can is really easy for me to manage at that height. I can buy about ten years of fuel at the rate that I use for the price of that little transfer tank.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #8  
I originally used 5 gallon containers then upgraded to a 30 gallon poly barrel with a hand pump and then converted to a 12v pump with filters. I found it just didn't make sense to keep that much space in my barn tied up so have gone back to 5 gallon containers. I have about five or six and keep at least a couple full. Overall I prefer the simplicity of using the 5 gallon containers as I just throw empties in my car and fill at the gas station when convenient. I only use about 30-40 gallons a year now.

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #9  
How do you fill it? How do you move it around, or don't you?

/ how do you guys fuel your small tractors #10  
I road mine about 1 mile to the corner store. I put my diesel torpedo heater in the bucket when needed. 21 gallons between the two of them if both close to empty. Too much to mess with cans.