GC Series Loader To Frame Mounts Backing Out..

/ GC Series Loader To Frame Mounts Backing Out.. #1  

atsah

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 3025E
Just a heads up to anyone owning a GC tractor with a loader. Every once in a while my bolts (I think there are 7 of them or 8) that bolt the loader to the frame back out. I took them all out one at a time and reinstalled them with lock washers, they stay put now. You might want to look at yours..

/ GC Series Loader To Frame Mounts Backing Out.. #2  
The loader is pinned on with 2 removable D-Ring Pins. Are you talking about the loader sub-frame bolts to the main frame?

/ GC Series Loader To Frame Mounts Backing Out..
   / GC Series Loader To Frame Mounts Backing Out.. #4  
Thanks for the heads up - I'll check them out this afternoon - I may Blue Loctite them as well.

Thanks for the heads up - I'll check them out this afternoon - I may Blue Loctite them as well.

Let me know if your subframe has lock washers, when I bought my tractor it had a DL100 loader on it, I told the dealer I wanted the newer stronger DL95 so he took the DL100 off and installed the DL95 and I'm wondering if whomever installed my DL95 at the dealer didn't install it with Lock washers. Thread locker is good but there is lots of pressure on the subframe and IMO it needs the lock washers..

/ GC Series Loader To Frame Mounts Backing Out.. #6  
Sorry for the delay. I think the DL100 may be your issue. On my GC1720, that came with DL95, the loader mount has inward facing bolts that appear to pass through the loader frame and thread into the main frame. There is a washer under the bolt head, but nothing on the back side. All the bolts are tight and have been marked with paint so none have moved at all.

Sorry for the delay. I think the DL100 may be your issue. On my GC1720, that came with DL95, the loader mount has inward facing bolts that appear to pass through the loader frame and thread into the main frame. There is a washer under the bolt head, but nothing on the back side. All the bolts are tight and have been marked with paint so none have moved at all.

Okay thanks for checking. I have the DL95, my guess is, when the dealer swapped the DL100 to my DL95 he forgot to reinstall the lock washers. I thought this might have been an issue for others but I think it just so happened I had them change my loader and the tech apparently forgot the washers..

/ GC Series Loader To Frame Mounts Backing Out.. #8  
they forgot mine as well but i already took care of it

/ GC Series Loader To Frame Mounts Backing Out.. #9  
I had one work loose on my backhoe. So I went through them all and none had lockwashers. This spring I will loctite them all.

Hmmm, maybe it is a problem.. I never looked at them really but one day I was greasing and looking everything over and noticed ALL of the bolts were backed out at least half way and two were hanging on by two threads, Yikes..