A Massey GC SUB-COMPACT accessories Wish List. GC1700 series or GC2300/2400/2600

/ A Massey GC SUB-COMPACT accessories Wish List. GC1700 series or GC2300/2400/2600 #1  

AxleHub

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey scut 2015 GC1715
Greetings Fellow Sub Compact Massey owners or Prospects,

There are many different accessories or implements available for the Massey Sub-Compact tractors. Some are available from a manufacturer and some are homemade.

And then . . . . there are those not yet available. The possible . . . not the impossible.

How about putting a couple down in this thread.

Here are a few of mine. . . my wish list:

I already have forks and a quick attach from mytractortools.com for my GC1715

And I built a weight carrier for my 3ph which I may try to market after some more testing.

And I got the gel an mulching deck aboriginal purchase.

Now I'd like to get a mini grapple and front remote from mytractortools.com

And I'd like to build a front snowplow for my fel in later 2017 that would work off my quick attach.

Then their are other accessory pieces to add once the above are completed and I have more money lol. Some very small in price.

Lastly, I already have led lights to get mounted in 2017 and find some kind of mirror to see to my left/right rear.

Now maybe you have some duplicated items in your "acquire or desire" list. And maybe you have some items to get or to dream of finding in the future. . . let's hear them.

But I'd hope you stick to sub compact sizing and not engine modifications. Possible is good, creative inventions is good . . . Small items or bigger items. . all good :)

/ A Massey GC SUB-COMPACT accessories Wish List. GC1700 series or GC2300/2400/2600 #2  
I would be interested in seeing your weight box, I'm looking for one right now.

/ A Massey GC SUB-COMPACT accessories Wish List. GC1700 series or GC2300/2400/2600 #3  
I'd like a good toolbox. I haven't found a good solution for that yet.

And a chain saw scabbard to easily carry a chain saw, plus a way to carry shovels and logging tools. I saw one general purpose item that does all that, but it was about $2,000.

/ A Massey GC SUB-COMPACT accessories Wish List. GC1700 series or GC2300/2400/2600 #4  
I'm getting a light material bucket custom built. After that I want a tach-n-go, clamp on forks, Piranha tooth bar for the OEM bucket, front tire chains, and a box blade. Those are the big ones anyway. Maybe some wheel weights after I increase the hydraulic pressure and get the larger bucket. A cab would be nice for the winter, but it's not too bad without it most times.

Axle, how do you like that quick attach? lol I'm trying to convince the wife we need to buy it. haha She's about halfway there, knowing what a PITA it was to hook up our 54" tiller until we got a quick hitch from HF. The kicker is do I order the forks from him too and combine shipping ($165 vs $145 for each if purchased later), or try some $150 clamp on forks shipped free from Amazon..... I have home made forks out of 4x4 posts that have met my needs so far. Part of me wonders what I'd actually move with forks with the lower lift capacity of this tractor. If bumping the PSI from 1920 to 2200 gets me from 678 lbs into the 900+ lb range then they might really be useful.... Decisions, decisions.

/ A Massey GC SUB-COMPACT accessories Wish List. GC1700 series or GC2300/2400/2600
I'm getting a light material bucket custom built. After that I want a tach-n-go, clamp on forks, Piranha tooth bar for the OEM bucket, front tire chains, and a box blade. Those are the big ones anyway. Maybe some wheel weights after I increase the hydraulic pressure and get the larger bucket. A cab would be nice for the winter, but it's not too bad without it most times.

Axle, how do you like that quick attach? lol I'm trying to convince the wife we need to buy it. haha She's about halfway there, knowing what a PITA it was to hook up our 54" tiller until we got a quick hitch from HF. The kicker is do I order the forks from him too and combine shipping ($165 vs $145 for each if purchased later), or try some $150 clamp on forks shipped free from Amazon..... I have home made forks out of 4x4 posts that have met my needs so far. Part of me wonders what I'd actually move with forks with the lower lift capacity of this tractor. If bumping the PSI from 1920 to 2200 gets me from 678 lbs into the 900+ lb range then they might really be useful.... Decisions, decisions.

1. I very much like the quick attach on my GC1715. To be honest. . It alters my thinking about the tractor uses. I thought sure the standard bucket and my mmm mulching mower would be all I'd need for my unit. But then I discovered the possibilities of the q. a. and my uses changed considerably. Examples:

a. Mowing even small areas with the gel and bucket on is not fun. But drop that 155# bucket off in 15 seconds and it's much improved for vision and smoothness of ride. Sure, dropping the whole fel unit off is even better . . But that's 5 minutes time each way and the need for a flat concrete area too.

b. I use my forks often. . far more than I ever imagined. Without the q. a. It would change my use of the forks significantly. I move our swing, our chairs, buckets of sand and rock and fallen branches, . . . Then I pallet load "you name it" instead of putting things in carts or wagons or small trailer. When you can hookup or drop in less than 20 or 30 seconds. . Decisions and successes are equally fast.

C. The q. A. Has a 2 inch receiver built in. . . nice for moving a trailer in tight places too.

2. Personally I only use 1 type of clamp on product. . . A " snow edge " by ratchet rake. Some like the clamp on fork options. . . But not me.

a. Full forks from mytractortools.com are stronger and let me drop a 155 lb bucket. And I can have up to 900+' lbs of payload.

b. Can be used on the 3ph too.

/ A Massey GC SUB-COMPACT accessories Wish List. GC1700 series or GC2300/2400/2600 #6  
1. I very much like the quick attach on my GC1715. To be honest. . It alters my thinking about the tractor uses. I thought sure the standard bucket and my mmm mulching mower would be all I'd need for my unit. But then I discovered the possibilities of the q. a. and my uses changed considerably. Examples:

a. Mowing even small areas with the gel and bucket on is not fun. But drop that 155# bucket off in 15 seconds and it's much improved for vision and smoothness of ride. Sure, dropping the whole fel unit off is even better . . But that's 5 minutes time each way and the need for a flat concrete area too.

b. I use my forks often. . far more than I ever imagined. Without the q. a. It would change my use of the forks significantly. I move our swing, our chairs, buckets of sand and rock and fallen branches, . . . Then I pallet load "you name it" instead of putting things in carts or wagons or small trailer. When you can hookup or drop in less than 20 or 30 seconds. . Decisions and successes are equally fast.

C. The q. A. Has a 2 inch receiver built in. . . nice for moving a trailer in tight places too.

2. Personally I only use 1 type of clamp on product. . . A " snow edge " by ratchet rake. Some like the clamp on fork options. . . But not me.

a. Full forks from mytractortools.com are stronger and let me drop a 155 lb bucket. And I can have up to 900+' lbs of payload.

b. Can be used on the 3ph too.

Thanks for the info! At this point I'm considering just having ETA custom build a SSQA adapter for my tractor, and being able to use all the SS attachments as well as buying the adapter plates off eBay for $95 and being able to make my own. I'm thinking convert the OEM bucket to SSQA and throw a tooth bar on it for digging while the larger bucket is snow and other light materials. Then a HF quick hitch on another plate for moving/using the 3ph implements. Of course now this means I could buy a standard 68" SS bucket ($599 on NorthernTool) instead of having the 60" one custom fabbed for $1600 to fit the DL100 OEM pins.... *sigh* lol