Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using?

/ Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using? #1  

Ooklaa

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson gc1720
I have not posted in a bit but the grass is showing and last years leaves are still their :( I have not been convinced of the products i have seen so far. So maybe i can get something positive from guys that use em. Most importantly are thry worth the money?

/ Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using? #2  
Protero PV-18-PTO

bagger.jpg

/ Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using? #3  
I had a bagger for my box and it worked ok. Filled up WAY to quick and clogged if it was wet or there were a lot of leaves. I ended up selling it and buying a cyclone rake, the big one. Best decision I could have made. Doesn't clog, holds a ton and just plain works!

/ Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using?
I did some research on both, is it me or these things way overpriced? I know fiziks you just your protera a lil bit ago i remember the post when you got it. But code54 how long have you had the rake for? I dont store my tractor inside so whatever i get will be outside 24/7 and im worried about The elements drestroying the plasticss and cover.

/ Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using? #5  
I have had for going on 3 years and it is holding up grate but it is kept in my barn. Think you would want to cover it for sure to keep the UV off of it.

/ Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using? #6  
I use a Lawn Genie to clean up leaves. Awesome machine

/ Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using? #7  
Cyclone Rake isn't cheap but it is the perfect solution. Probably my best investment.

/ Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using?
Im gonna buy a lawn sweeper for now. I contacted a bunch of manufacturers and none of them sounded confident about their products. I like the cyclone rake the best but just not sold on it.

/ Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using? #9  
I was not for the longest time, then I finally gave in and bought one. It is worth it. Darn expensive BUT it works and I can use it and forget about it until the next use. No messing around and does the job so I am glad I bought it.
Too bad you are not closer I would be glad to demo it for you!

/ Sub compact leaf/grass bagger, what are you guys using? #10  
Since the original factory is relatively close to me in NH, I went with a DR leaf vac and drove over to Vergennes, VT to pick it up. No, it wasn't cheap, but it does work well. It also breaks down so the canvas collection bag and it's frame can be removed and folded up. I leave the steel frame and plastic dump bucket outside. It doesn't particularly like wet leaves, but still does function. The emptying operation, if you have space below the back to drop the leaves, works exceptionally well IMO. It also does a very good job of chewing up leaves as they pass through the engine-powered vacuum; the impeller is equipped with teeth.