MF Snowblower also Kubota and Rad 2360 trouble

/ MF Snowblower also Kubota and Rad 2360 trouble #1  

Pixguy

Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
Well, I've returned to snow country in time for the nor'easter and my blower has some troubles.

First, my driveway is a very steep 400' drive so when I scrape to pavement I now see I've been wearing down a plate on the bottom front right of the blower. It's a replaceable plate that bolts onto the frame. Well, I've scraped it so much I've scraped off some of the frame and where the bolts are supposed to attach the front scraper bar.

Anyone have a parts catalog that shows that bar? I will likely have to tack weld it for this year and rebuild it this summer.

I will try to post a photo today.

/ MF Snowblower also Kubota and Rad 2360 trouble #2  
Go here AGCO Parts Books.

Select "view books" under guest user. Type in 2360 as the model number. Will give you the parts diagrams.

/ MF Snowblower also Kubota and Rad 2360 trouble
Go here AGCO Parts Books. Select "view books" under guest user. Type in 2360 as the model number. Will give you the parts diagrams.

Thanks Fiz, will do. I have a buddy who will tack weld it until summer and then replace with available parts.

See pics where it wore out one side. I replaced the feet is year but that didn't stop the wear.

Attachments

• image-4011653958.jpg
    image-4011653958.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 254
  • image-1261520836.jpg
    image-1261520836.jpg
    610.6 KB · Views: 269
   / MF Snowblower also Kubota and Rad 2360 trouble #4  
I also have a paved driveway, and yep, it's pretty rough on the scraper bar.

I've found I have to keep track of how it's wearing: when it gets to the point that the nuts on the underside that attach the scraper are getting worn (due to contact with the pavement), I'll flip the scraper around to get some more life out of it.

Sometimes you can get a new replacement for a reasonable price, but shipping may be a bit high if you can't easily pick it up at a dealer. I've used Barker Steel in Enfield to make up new bars out of 1/4" bar stock; they also have the ability to cut the square holes for the carriage bolts. Don't remember the price exactly, but it was less expensive than the MF part IIRC.

You might also check that your blower is "level," that is, not heavily tilted to one side.

One other thing-- that RAD blower is the same as used on Kubota BX tractors -- you might be able to get parts from a Kubota dealer. Different part numbers, but the same parts.

I also have a paved driveway, and yep, it's pretty rough on the scraper bar. I've found I have to keep track of how it's wearing: when it gets to the point that the nuts on the underside that attach the scraper are getting worn (due to contact with the pavement), I'll flip the scraper around to get some more life out of it. Sometimes you can get a new replacement for a reasonable price, but shipping may be a bit high if you can't easily pick it up at a dealer. I've used Barker Steel in Enfield to make up new bars out of 1/4" bar stock; they also have the ability to cut the square holes for the carriage bolts. Don't remember the price exactly, but it was less expensive than the MF part IIRC. You might also check that your blower is "level," that is, not heavily tilted to one side. One other thing-- that RAD blower is the same as used on Kubota BX tractors -- you might be able to get parts from a Kubota dealer. Different part numbers, but the same parts.

Thanks Walt, my buddy ended up reversing the scraper bar as you did and then welding a new stock pc. to the right end where it wore unevenly. He then bolted from the underside with bolts with the nuts up inside the frame. I will post a pic although it's mounted again and ready for this huuuuge 2" storm we're supposed to get. ;-)

He's a good welder and I'm........well just learning and still trying not to stick the rod. lol

I didn't see any leveling on the QC or the frame, do tell.

I've been having a dickens of a time getting the old sheared bolt out and I've found that the Kubota dealer I. Tilton sold me the wrong bolts. The one with the small grooves is the one I had left over at the bottom of my box with the other the one that was told to me fit the Kubota RAD blower. :mur:

Do you have a source other than dealer or Jacks to buy the correct shear bolts from that aren't $5ea.?

/ MF Snowblower also Kubota and Rad 2360 trouble #7  
Do you have a source other than dealer or Jacks to buy the correct shear bolts from that aren't $5ea.?

I haven't found one, but I haven't looked hard either...I think I bought 10 up front and I haven't broken more than a couple...picked up a big piece of asphault from a pot hole in front of my driveway this year.

/ MF Snowblower also Kubota and Rad 2360 trouble #8  
Try a Kubota dealer for economical parts pricing. I'd be checking your rear tire pressure for the uneven wear on the skid plate.

/ MF Snowblower also Kubota and Rad 2360 trouble #9  
Ditto what art said-- don't think there's any way to "level" thr blower. If it sits really low on one side, tires are off or something's bent, I think.

I too bought a handful last time I was at the dealer and haven't yet used them all up, but it doesn't seem they were that expensive. And yeah, as far as those shear pins go, the Kubota ones were different, I think.

At one point I was told you could use grade 5 bolts in a pinch, and have done so, but prefer to use the MF ones. Biggest problem I had was tightening them too much; they should only be tightened enough to get the split lock to go "flat." Any tighter and it puts extra stress on the bolt so it'll shear quicker.

PS -- Feel sorry for you guys!! Here I am, drink in hand, sitting on a sun porch in Henderson, NV with a drink in my hand... Gee, it's getting pretty cool now, maybe I need a sweater. Think it's down to 70 now...

But really, had to talk my daughter through an impeller shear pin change this morning-- she got snow duty while wife & I tour the southwest this spring.

Just make sure all the snow & cold are gone by the time I get back early next month, OK? (I know, "In my dreams"!!)

Walt

Here's a few shots.

Couple of the scraper bar reattached from the bottom. He also welded some X's on the bottom using some hardened welding rods.
The last storm halfway up my drive.

The wife standing in front of a pine root ball that blew over this past week. The ball is about 12' round but only about 2-3' deep once it pulled out of the ground.

Attachments

• image-563363187.jpg
    image-563363187.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 246
  • image-1952185383.jpg
    image-1952185383.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 211
  • image-2383486304.jpg
    image-2383486304.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 236
  • image-2141072426.jpg
    image-2141072426.jpg