2016 Massey Ferguson 2705E How to ADJUST YELLOW WARNING LIGHT-No Throttle Response

/ 2016 Massey Ferguson 2705E How to ADJUST YELLOW WARNING LIGHT-No Throttle Response #1  

tracks4me

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2705E w/L135 Loader
MY new MF 2705E was indicating a SOLID YELLOW LIGHT on the lower right instrument panel. When lit, the throttle would not respond and remained at idle. Called the MF dealership and received an excellent tip to possible prevent a service call(although under warranty). The quick check tip saved me time.

I contacted the dealership I purchased the MF 2705E from, The Belle Mead Garage, a NEW and GREAT CUSTOMER ORIENTED DEALERSHIP located in Belle Mead, NJ. To save a service call if possible, he suggested that I check the Throttle Position Sensor adjustment located under the hand throttle assembly. I accessed the Throttle Position Sensor(TPS) by removing the gray plastic instrument and steering shaft covers. The TPS was in the fully clockwise position and two screws were snug with no visual indication of slippage. I loosened the screws, repositioned the TPS by rotating the adjustment fully counterclockwise and retightened the two screws. I removed/reconnected the negative battery cable to clear the ECU trouble codes. Restarted the tractor with no Yellow Solid Indication Warning Light. The engine idle position was now at approximately 1000 rpm. After repeated throttle up/down and restarts, as of this point there are no ECU indication lights.

IMG_2140 2.JPGIMG_2138 2.JPGIMG_2137 2.JPG

Last edited:
   / 2016 Massey Ferguson 2705E How to ADJUST YELLOW WARNING LIGHT-No Throttle Response #2  
Hey Tracks4me.. I just traded my2014 1739E gear drive {purchased new} for a 2016 1739E hydro. I have 28 hours on it now and the dang thing was doing the same thing as your 2705E. When my yellow light went on there was also a loud BEEP . The sound you normally hear on auto backup units. Comes to find out it also was the [TPS]. All is good now.

/ 2016 Massey Ferguson 2705E How to ADJUST YELLOW WARNING LIGHT-No Throttle Response #3  
Bringing back a Zombie thread, as I wanted to add my name to this same issue.
...Yellow check engine light on, tractor still performing normally otherwise, at first. then after a bit, RPMs would not go over 1500, and lack of power..
Adjusted the TPS, and it has been fine for 10 hours since then.

.. FWIW, dealer first suspected fuel filters, and I almost changed them, thinking it would be cheap thing to check, but at a cost of $200 for the filters, I had a change of heart.

/ 2016 Massey Ferguson 2705E How to ADJUST YELLOW WARNING LIGHT-No Throttle Response #4  
Most likely the throttle position sensor (TPS) is out of adjustment because the mounting bolts came loose. When the TPS moves the potentiameters get "out of range". The dealer can readjust it per the workshop manual - then tighten the mounting bolts properly.

/ 2016 Massey Ferguson 2705E How to ADJUST YELLOW WARNING LIGHT-No Throttle Response #5  
My 2706E is doing the same thing. Yellow light is coming on and will not go over 1500 RPM’s. Can turn it on and off move all the levers at times and it will fire up and light sometimes go off and operates normal other times light stays on. It’s very aggravating while on a job. Glad I found this post as I’m going to look into this soon as I get it back to house. I do having problems with my control lever for the front end load leaking and the screw holding the lever in the center position staying tight. I guessing due to the place it’s mounted and vibrating a lot.

/ 2016 Massey Ferguson 2705E How to ADJUST YELLOW WARNING LIGHT-No Throttle Response #6  
So, you just loosened the two screws that holds the sensor to that bracket & moved it counter clockwise. Only moving it within the available slots that the screws go though on the sensor? I guess I’m having a hard time seeing it in the photos and understand exactly what you did by reading the post. Wanting to try this on mine. Thanks

/ 2016 Massey Ferguson 2705E How to ADJUST YELLOW WARNING LIGHT-No Throttle Response #7  
So, you just loosened the two screws that holds the sensor to that bracket & moved it counter clockwise. Only moving it within the available slots that the screws go though on the sensor? I guess I知 having a hard time seeing it in the photos and understand exactly what you did by reading the post. Wanting to try this on mine. Thanks

Did you ever get this adjusted? How? My light is coming on also. Thanks

/ 2016 Massey Ferguson 2705E How to ADJUST YELLOW WARNING LIGHT-No Throttle Response #8  
So, did this fix the issue? I have a 2706e doing the same thing. Could you describe the procedure more detailed. Thanks

/ 2016 Massey Ferguson 2705E How to ADJUST YELLOW WARNING LIGHT-No Throttle Response #9  
Yes it did cure the issue. There’s a tread online that has detailed pics and description that I followed. I’ll find it and post on here.