3pt wood chipper on Gc1710

/ 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710 #1  

madhatter

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 Massey GC1710
Wanting to get a wood chipper and curious how the GC would handle it? Looking at a Wallstein 42s which will handle up to 4" trees.

/ 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710 #2  
Wanting to get a wood chipper and curious how the GC would handle it? Looking at a Wallstein 42s which will handle up to 4" trees.

I have a Wallenstein BXM32 for my GC1720 (and previous GC2400) either ran it just fine. Will slow a little when near capacity is hardwoods, just don't feed it too fast. I see now reason you couldn't go up a size....kinda wish I had!

/ 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710 #3  
I have that exact same chipper.
I sometimes run it on my GC 2610 .
You will be fine if you don't feed it to fast or at maximum capacity...the 4" sometimes bog down the tractor, but is ok most of the time with smaller stuff.
The Wallenstein BX42 is a great chipper, with a bigger feeder hopper, in my opinion you will like it better than the smaller version 32.

/ 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710
I have that exact same chipper.
I sometimes run it on my GC 2610 .
You will be fine if you don't feed it to fast or at maximum capacity...the 4" sometimes bog down the tractor, but is ok most of the time with smaller stuff.
The Wallenstein BX42 is a great chipper, with a bigger feeder hopper, in my opinion you will like it better than the smaller version 32.

Thanks for the feedback. I am now looking at a WoodLand Mills WC68. Nice solid chipper w/ Hydraulic feeding. Dealer says the GC1710 will handle it fine, although 20HP at the pto is the lowest rated for this chipper. Nice thing with the automatic feeder is you can adjust feed speed for the larger pieces.

Flywheel is 100LB compared to the 70LB for the Wallstein 32. Total weight is 700LB compared to 445LB

WC68 6″ PTO Wood Chipper | Woodland Mills

Last edited:
   / 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710 #5  
I have a WC68 (that I run on a bigger tractor) and it has been an excellent chipper. I don't see any problem with running this chipper on your GC as I have had it on my Massey 35 with no issues. The chipper has a self contained hydraulic system that depends more on pto speeds than it does on horsepower of the tractor.

/ 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710 #6  
Flywheel is 100LB compared to the 70LB for the Wallstein 32. Total weight is 700LB compared to 445LB
Agco lists the 3pt capacity as 550lbs @24". The WoodLand Mills WC68 might be a little heavy at 700lbs.

Agco lists the 3pt capacity as 550lbs @24". The WoodLand Mills WC68 might be a little heavy at 700lbs.

My manual and the brochure says 1190LBS lift capacity which is about 540KG. Their website is horible.

/ 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710 #8  
My manual and the brochure says 1190LBS lift capacity which is about 540KG. Their website is horible.

I remember a figure close to this as well. In fact I've lifted a ballast box around that weight.

/ 3pt wood chipper on Gc1710 #9  

1190lbs at the ball ends. Actual capacity is reduced the farther the load is out from them. It will be close, weight wise, if the GC can lift it.

1190lbs at the ball ends. Actual capacity is reduced the farther the load is out from them. It will be close, weight wise, if the GC can lift it.

Will see in a few days when it gets here. There are videos online of a sub compact Kubota running the chipper, so I am not too concerned my 1710 will have issues.