stalling when using loader

/ stalling when using loader #1  

LisaOH

Tractor
GC1705
HELP! Yesterday we bought a new GC1705, after reading all of the reviews it looked pretty good. Today my husband tried to use it for the first time to move some dirt. It stalled on him almost every time he tried to scoop a small load. Right now, he is fuming mad that I recommended this machine. I happen to think it is likely operator error. Any idea of what he may be doing incorrectly to stall this? I would love to be able to hop on and move some gravel and show him it works :)

Lisa

/ stalling when using loader #2  
What RPM's is he at while using the loader?

/ stalling when using loader
I will find out

/ stalling when using loader #4  
Not sure whether or not it is a gear or HST tractor but it probably is operator error.
I like to use the loader at 1800-2000 RPM.
For HST, as you approach a pile of dirt, stone, etc. keep the loader bucket level with the ground.
As you get to the pile start easing up on the HST pedal while going into the pile.
As the bucket starts to go into the pile use the joystick to slowly lift and curl at the same time. the speed of the lift and curl will take a lot of practice to get a full bucket.

Pretty much the same for a gear tractor but you would ease in on the clutch to slow the tractor speed going into the pile.

The more practice he gets the less he'll have to ease in the clutch or HST pedal.

/ stalling when using loader #5  
Is he in high gear? If so, change to low. Any ballast on the tractor? in 4wd? Is it a pile of top soil or is he digging into the ground?

/ stalling when using loader #6  
The GC1705 is a good machine. Pushing into a gravel pile is deceptive if you are not familiar with loaders. Even very large machines can stall out if the push/lift ratio is not right. There needs to be enough lift so you don't stall out pushing into a pile that will not move. He should work with it a little, then he'll not know how he did without it.

/ stalling when using loader #7  
I have a 2016 1705 I just turned 101 hrs I had to learn to just go into the pile at a slow speed and work to the fel up and curl at the same time. All I can say is take your time and go easy till you get a feel for it these GC tractors​ are surprisingly capable and will surprise you at what you can get done with to them.

/ stalling when using loader
Thanks all, it was operator error. I just went out, made a few adjustments and moved all sorts of stuff around. I'll just tell him to stick with his Cub Cadet and I'll handle Lucille, (aka GC1705)

/ stalling when using loader #9  
Thanks all, it was operator error. I just went out, made a few adjustments and moved all sorts of stuff around. I'll just tell him to stick with his Cub Cadet and I'll handle Lucille, (aka GC1705)

Gently now. . . You don't want to "stall out" his motor . . . the male ego is a strong item but it has a fragile outside to it. A female who likes to drive motorcycles or tractors is a very attractive thing . . . . But share the GC with him. OK.

/ stalling when using loader #10  

Do you have a sister? :D