Single axel trailer for 135

/ Single axel trailer for 135 #1  

bustter4

Tractor
1965 Massey Ferguson 135
So I gotta do some discing about 5 miles from my house not very far. However at the moment I only have a 12x6 single axel trailer rated for 3500lbs was wondering if I could pull my 135 with no implements the place I am going already has a disc I can use. It's a gas so a little lighter than the diesel. What are yalls opinions?

/ Single axel trailer for 135 #2  
The tractor should be right around your 3500 lb mark. If your only going 5 miles and it fits on the trailer, I would move it without giving it a second thought.

/ Single axel trailer for 135 #3  
I would try to borrow a tandem axle trailer.

Your trailer is probably rated for only 3,000 - it may have a 3,500 lb rated axle but the trailer itself accounts for about 500 lbs meaning it's only rated for 3,000, or at least that's the case with my 14x6 trailer with a 3,500 lb axle.

Dry weight of the 135 is right at 3,000 - if the rear tires are filled for ballast that adds 375 lbs per tire putting you easily at 3,750 lbs

You can try it, but know that your tires will be what gives out and it won't be fun having a blowout on a single axle with that kind of a load, especially if on a backroad with very few spots to pull off and change a tire.

/ Single axel trailer for 135 #4  
if it was country roads not really traveled. i would slap on a slow motion triangle on back. and re-learn the hand signs and hope on the road with the tractor and rive there.

15 MPH max speed in top gear.... TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 135 tractor transmission information

by the time you load/unload with trailer, you most likely already there with tractor. stay on the road. no need to hope in the ditches. you are a farmer. it is that time of year farmers are on the road.

regs / laws differ. but farmers have a certain distance they can travel from there place of business that is registered for farm doings.
most regs/laws state drive during daylight hours only, and when the roads are not busy (primarily for your safety and everyone else)