Lost auxiallry hydraulics on 1529

/ Lost auxiallry hydraulics on 1529 #1  

scott13440

Tractor
Massey 1529
Looking for some help on 1529. I was mowing today and everything was fine, got done and rinsed off tractor with garden hose and then discovered that pto wouldnt engage then tried to raise three point hitch and it wont go up. Drove tractor into garage (drive and steering work fine) and hooked up hoses to front end loader and it wont move either. I then removed auxillary pump and took it apart and inspected it, no problems with pump. I reinstalled it and started tractor, then loosened output line with running and it is definetely pumping oil. Is there a fuse or other wiring that could cause a problem like this? the tractor is hydrostatic with 845 hours on it.

/ Lost auxiallry hydraulics on 1529 #2  
Have you tried connecting a pressure gauge to the loader quick connect to verify pressure.

/ Lost auxiallry hydraulics on 1529
I have not tried that,but if there were any pressure there wouldnt the loader move?

/ Lost auxiallry hydraulics on 1529 #4  
Depends on how much pressure is there. A couple hundred psi might not be enough, I don't remember the specified output pressure but I know it will be over 1000psi

Yeah Ill have to get a high pressure gauge and figure out where test port is. if anyone knows location of test port and what thread it is that would be great.

/ Lost auxiallry hydraulics on 1529 #6  
You said you rinsed the tractor, perhaps you got water in an electrical connection and caused a short. Are your hydraulics straight hydraulics or electric soliniod to hydraulic valve? If so then this may explain the apparent preassure in the lines , but no responce. Also check your fuses.

/ Lost auxiallry hydraulics on 1529 #7  
Check your hydraulic hose connections. I knocked one loose today accidentally which was just enough to shut off flow, but not enough to come apart. Mine was aft by the rear pto and color coded yellow.

/ Lost auxiallry hydraulics on 1529 #8  
Yeah Ill have to get a high pressure gauge and figure out where test port is. if anyone knows location of test port and what thread it is that would be great.

Just unplug one of the quick connects for the loader and plug in there. Get a gauge with a shirt hose and a QD fitting.

Yes I think I am losing pressure somewhere between the pump and the loader valve. I am going to check the bypass hose for the backhoe attachment again like the one post suggested,but I have had that hose come loose before and hydraulics were just sluggish not totally gone.

Update, got to look at things in daylight today after work and following hydraulic lines. Well there are two pumps running off gear drive on side of motor, one for steering and one for aux. hydraulics. Not good for me Im in the process of draining anti freeze out of motor so I can take front of motor off to replace gear inside. Spline on pump shaft and inside of gear on one side worn completely down. Massey is pretty proud of their parts Im sure this is going to cost a small fortune, starting to lose faith in the red tractors.