What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle

/ What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle #1  

drizler

Platinum Member
I scrubbed one of mine on a rock and distorted it enough the grease goes out all over with none in the axle. I pull it and go to the Hardware store. The guy who really knows his stuff hands me a couple SAE and of course I never check because he's really that good. Get home ahhhhhh same as I got. Today I take off again to the local Ace which is even closer once again with the Zerk in hand. The girl looks it up fits it in the little 10 thread finder display ok. I try it and it fits screws in but feels �� Funny. Ok thread it all the way in and out and again strange but goes in with my fingers.
I come home dive under the machine and the threads still aren't right��. So what's the deal here anyways? Holding them side by side the OEM Iseki looks tapered slightly like a pipe thread and it is longer in the threaded area. What in $@@&@ sort of meteric menace do I have here. Its a 10mm ????��*♂️����*♂️

/ What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle
I think I found the answer, British Pipe Threads. I see several others complaining in old threads and that's usually the answer. Apparently Alemite used / uses them.

/ What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle #3  
I think I found the answer, British Pipe Threads. I see several others complaining in old threads and that's usually the answer. Apparently Alemite used / uses them.

Well, that was going to be my answer. I figured BPT which is what my Kioti uses...

And kite gripes was right epwhere I found it. It's funny how it looks ever so slightly tapered. I guess that was the original Alemite thread the company chose originally. Ah well, I grease mine every couple week so it can suffer on while I finish mowing my field

So on the saga goes. I finally get to the dealer and he says it should be 1/8 npt. So I think nawwwww then he looks it up , sure enough 1/8 not , I saw it. I sigh and say it sure doesn't look like the 1/8 NPt that the one I had in my hand but took it.
Sure enough today I try it and get just what I got all along. Old one threads right in while new fits and feels like it's just a tad too fat to start. So i go get a tap and it threads right in with fingers easily. Sooooo I try both zerks with my 1/8 die. They both fit but the new one is tighter by enough to feel it's the right match for the die. The original threads in but you can feel the slop. Not much but enough to notice. Then I take the grease nipple off the zero so I can fit in a socket and nut driver. Oh it doesn't want to go but screwing around long enough I got it perfectly straight and got a thread. Two turns and you can feel it binding so I pull it back out. It's definitely not 1/8 npt. I don't really completely trust the books on mine anyways since it was a new model in 14 and noticed a couple glaring errors in their information.
So it's not what they say, not meteric and the one size I want to check the most just gets me blank stares everywhere, Alemite 1/8" btp. So what sort of shop should I seek out that can tell me what this think has? This has gone beyond stupid for a simple thing.

/ What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle #6  
Glad I wasn't the only one. My 1643 has a few bad fittings and it has been IMPOSSIBLE to find replacements. I ended up tapping the hole to convert it to another thread so I can use fittings that 98% of the rest of the world has in stock.

Quite a few expletives were tossed around for a few days, though.

IMG_3678.JPGIMG_3679.JPGIMG_3679.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3679.JPG
    IMG_3679.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 172
   / What In The Korean World is the grease Zerk Size On 1736. Front Axle #9  
NPT thread:
1/8-27 approx 13/32 (.41) OD

BSPT thread:
1/8-28 approx 3/8 (.38) OD

So close the would be hard to tell apart