Power Steering Pump Problem

/ Power Steering Pump Problem #1  

Travis_R

Veteran Member
Tractor
'98 MASSEY FERGUSON 231
Looking for a power steering pump for my '98 Massey 231. I don't know what to do because a dealer (new dealer) told me the pump has been discontinued and there's no rebuild kit! I will attach a pic of the pump I need. It's off a Massey parts diagram.
Are there any other pumps that will work? Say, off a mf 240 or other models? There were 2 or 3 different pumps used on the 231 from 1989-1999. The early production models are readily available aftermarket.

If anyone has a solution to this PLEASE help. I have hay to bale.

/ Power Steering Pump Problem
Here is the pic of the pump...

Attachments

• IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 509
I'm wondering why this pump wouldn't work? It's for a 240 but everything looks like it'll line up and screw in...

Attachments

• IMG_0984.PNG
    IMG_0984.PNG
    470.4 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0989.JPG
    IMG_0989.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 176
Anybody have any information on this? Any dealers wanna chime in? I'd sure be grateful.

/ Power Steering Pump Problem #5  
It looks like the pump on my MF 245 which (I believe) shares the Perkins AD3.152 engine. I don't know about capacity etc required on a MF 231 however.

Hey Tom thanks for the reply. Any way possible you could take a pic of the pump on your 245? Yes, my 231 has the Perkins AD3.152 diesel.

/ Power Steering Pump Problem #7  
Hey Tom thanks for the reply. Any way possible you could take a pic of the pump on your 245? Yes, my 231 has the Perkins AD3.152 diesel.

I looked at the pump on my MF245 to verify it looks like your picture and it does. I did not see your note for a picture until now and I won't be on the property where the 245 is again until next weekend. The gear inserts towards the front of the tractor, I do recall that.

I looked at the pump on my MF245 to verify it looks like your picture and it does. I did not see your note for a picture until now and I won't be on the property where the 245 is again until next weekend. The gear inserts towards the front of the tractor, I do recall that.

Sounds good. Thanks.